PDA

View Full Version : problem setting up router

toto67
19th August, 2008, 10:04 PM
a few weeks back i setup a wireless router on my desktop pc so as my kids could use their lappy to connect to it,then just the other day stopped working.Say little or no connection re-tried and nothing,so decided to try n re-install again..Now I cant seem to get pass the bit were it look to check to see if you have a internet connection..I have change the network cables over as thought they were the problem and also took the router back but its still doing it..I have checked over n over again the way it epxplaind how to setup but still it wont go past these point..Its a cable linksys router
Really bursting my balls this:banghead:
Cmon G,lets be having a quick fix m8...

Devilfish
20th August, 2008, 12:20 PM
Hey T,

Try disabling the wireless security and see if it works. Once it works without the security, then you can try and enable it.

Does the internet activity light flash like mad when you connect the modem?

Try connecting your PC to it using ethernet cable to one of the ports. If this works then at least you know the router is working and it's just the wireless bit you need to fix.

toto67
21st August, 2008, 03:36 AM
Managed to get past that bit G,like I was saying earlier but gona try n see if its the lappys firewalls causing me this grief..cheers

pnemickey
29th November, 2008, 02:56 AM
common problem with linksys im afraid

boodykaka
30th November, 2008, 10:06 AM
Also what i have found helps Linksys router's, is changing the wireless channel, if you use ADSL use a low channel & if using Cable use a high channel