PDA

View Full Version : Fancy trying a DM500'S'

xion2000
19th August, 2008, 11:10 PM
I fancy having a dabble with a DM500S but have never tried tweaking or setting satellite box, I've lots of experience with Dreambox 500C's & dbox2's though.
Can anyone tell me, is there anything worth picking up using a standard sky digital dish (the small oval ones).
Also i cant find much in the way of tutorials or documents on the Dreambox satellite side.
Any help would be very much appreciated

***Moved to Sat Dreambox. DF

Curious123
19th August, 2008, 11:19 PM
You won't get much info about satellite posting in the cable section. The only thing you will with a Sky dish is the FTA channels that you get with freeview card.

firestorm
19th August, 2008, 11:20 PM
on your sly dish you would only pick up free channels on sly, to open sports ect you would need a sly card,You may be able to move the dish and pick some channels on 13east and at a push 19east but this depeneds on were you are the best way to find out is by looking at lyngsat website,but to get the full use out of a 500s you will realy need at least a 80cm dish with either a motor or multi lnbs and a internet connection with a router

krazylegz
20th August, 2008, 12:16 AM
your best bet will be to move it to 19.2e if you dont wanna buy a new dish, this is a very strong satellite in the uk and you will reciever most transponders ok on a minidish including premiere m8

r1c4ard
20th August, 2008, 12:30 AM
Its not that a big of jump for you if you have 500C try RDI Dreambox - The manual (http://dreambox.paytv.ro/) plenty of how to pdf's

Good Luck