PDA

View Full Version : DM800 - Tuner issue or LNB?

bigup
8th November, 2009, 08:46 PM
hi guys

got an issue with my DM800, its a clone and im using Nabilosat BH 0.12 for DM800 Patched for BL72, with a sly mini dish pointing to astra.

everything was working fine last week, but come today, i cant view certain channels. I wanted to watch football today and couldn't get sly sports HD1/HD2 to stop glitching. sly sports HD3 worked fine.

so i rescanned and now when it completed some of the channels are listed as N/A and others are greyed out which do not work, ive lost quite a few channels.

i can get some HD channels to work fine (HD3, RushHD etc) bit other HD do not work (sly 1 HD). Same goes with SD channels.

ive tried manual scanning with frequencies from http://www.lyngsat.com/hd/28east.html but it doesnt find sly sports HD1/HD2.

just a bit confused on what it could be? could it be the infamous weak tuner or LNB issue?

thanks in advance.

opsmonkey
8th November, 2009, 08:57 PM
hi mate..

the glitching and jumping is to do with cardsharing, banned topic here i'm afraid..

i'd do a full reboot and try a rescan, if that doesnt work try it at a friends house, if it still wont find the channels then it could be a tuner issuse

bigup
8th November, 2009, 09:00 PM
hi mate..

the glitching and jumping is to do with cardsharing, banned topic here i'm afraid..

i'd do a full reboot and try a rescan, if that doesnt work try it at a friends house, if it still wont find the channels then it could be a tuner issuse

thanks mate. Just looking into it and it seems i can only view polarised channels and not H. may grab a LNB to check.

westkill
8th November, 2009, 09:04 PM
if there greyed out check your tuner settings
if motorised settings
as there might be 28.2 , 28.4 and 28.5
maybe some are not active
just a thought :)

bigup
8th November, 2009, 09:11 PM
thanks, il doubl check, its a fixed dish though so what should it be set to? 28.2 ?

westkill
8th November, 2009, 09:24 PM
looks like the scan may not of picked them up if some are greyed out or some working in the service list :)

bigup
8th November, 2009, 11:13 PM
managed to get it working, although im not sure why this happened, since ive had the dm800 ive always had the tuner config as "simple" and a scan has alsways worked.

i have now tried Advanced option and set the options accordingly, did a rescan and all channels back!

no idea how though.

il keep an eye out incase it was some kind of overheating going on or intermittent lnb fault.

Thanks all.

dctyper
20th December, 2009, 10:24 AM
hi bigup, can you explain what you done?

dc

bigup
20th December, 2009, 10:37 AM
hi bigup, can you explain what you done?

dc

i wish i could tell you mate

i just did a rescan using the advanced options and they came back

dctyper
20th December, 2009, 11:33 AM
dont suppose you could post your advanced options for me please?

dc