PDA

View Full Version : Alientech Kess V2 V Dimsport Genius V AutoTuner V CMD Flash

himmerz
21st March, 2018, 10:37 PM
Hello, I am looking to get into tuning.
I am planning to buy a slave tool but currently can't decide which to go for.
I am looking to buy one able to work via OBD mainly.
I will look to do boot/bdm at a later stage.

Which tool would be best suited?

I note AutoTuner updates are free of charge, however their website would suggest a lack of support for ecu's via obd currently.
although as standard the tool does more than just obd and the master version isn't crazy money.

I had a demonstration of a Dimsport new genius and was quoted that only 15% of ecu's are not obd (Would this be anywhere close to correct or a inaccurate sales pitch??)

Which of these tools are unusable if not updated?

Any help/opinions appreciated

voltechcar
21st March, 2018, 10:42 PM
Kess and Genius in slave version have only obd, not booot( only master ). AutoTuner do it only new car, I dont know what he do it slave ver. For me its not enougt to do job, must buy transdata/ k-tag to add this tool what you think buy. IgnasVW have cmd, maybe he will something about this tool.

himmerz
21st March, 2018, 10:56 PM
Kess and Genius in slave version have only obd, not booot( only master ). AutoTuner do it only new car, I dont know what he do it slave ver. For me its not enougt to do job, must buy transdata/ k-tag to add this tool what you think buy. IgnasVW have cmd, maybe he will something about this tool.

Thanks for your reply. From what I understand CMD and Auto Tuner do virtual reads to attempt to get around the Tri-core protection.
Although like you mention this is only on newer ecu's and if CMD isn't updated Virtual reads are not possible.

I am aware to do boot/bdm with Kess and Genius a Transdata/K-tag is required.

Are these only available as Masters and not slaves?

And if masters do the protocols have to be updated every year so they don't time out?

Thanks

voltechcar
21st March, 2018, 11:12 PM
K-tag/transdata slave do the same what master. Master no need pay subscription, if you pay subscription for you slave tool you do all what you have in your tool, the same situation in Kess. For me price in cmd is too big, for master all new protocool have crazy price. I dont know what is the price slave, you must write to Flashtec. Magic X17 have boot and obd nice lists car but for slave price its not excellent, I ask they several month ago and master if have add slave tool must pay 500 euro, for what i dont know.

Ignasvw
22nd March, 2018, 08:41 AM
Yes cmd do vread on edc17, but always need to write original, because with mod file car doesnt start.. :D
Its quite good for older ecus, but if you dont have any bdm tool to bring back ecu alive, i dont suggest you to buy cmd.
Cmd made me a lot of mess,but in the other hand he made a lot of ecus, that other programmers cant do.
Cmd very easy to use on bench with tricore.
Every year 1k euro subscribtion. Cmd doesnt have toyota denso ecu at all. Only edc15-16.
My fiend bricked bmw edc16(obd) ecu so much, that over bdm didnt recognized proccesor

himmerz
22nd March, 2018, 01:38 PM
Yes cmd do vread on edc17, but always need to write original, because with mod file car doesnt start.. :D
Its quite good for older ecus, but if you dont have any bdm tool to bring back ecu alive, i dont suggest you to buy cmd.
Cmd made me a lot of mess,but in the other hand he made a lot of ecus, that other programmers cant do.
Cmd very easy to use on bench with tricore.
Every year 1k euro subscribtion. Cmd doesnt have toyota denso ecu at all. Only edc15-16.
My fiend bricked bmw edc16(obd) ecu so much, that over bdm didnt recognized proccesor

That don't give me much confidence if a mod file prevented the car from starting on a edc17 using Cmd.
Did doing a restore sort the issue or did you then require using bdm to fix it then?

What would you suggest to use as I am a beginner?

ohkarol
22nd March, 2018, 01:46 PM
Cmd obd + Ktag for bootmode is best choice in my opinion, whit this pair you have most vehicles covered.
I've got them both in master so if you want to buy slave tool you can PM me.

himmerz
22nd March, 2018, 01:46 PM
Thoughts on Magic MotorSport Magpro2 x17 OBD Only
Is this really for vehicles 2008 onwards?

ohkarol
22nd March, 2018, 01:52 PM
Magic mostly do newer vehicles, but older one you can cover with other "cheap aliexpress" tools
Where are you located? What cars you do the most

himmerz
22nd March, 2018, 01:57 PM
Magic mostly do newer vehicles, but older one you can cover with other "cheap aliexpress" tools
Where are you located? What cars you do the most
Thanks for reply. Located in Suffolk.
So anything 2008 below use a Kess V2 & Ktag Clone but for newer Magic should cover me?
Thanks

ohkarol
22nd March, 2018, 02:05 PM
I personally not use magic, so i can't say about how stable is that tool.

sdtsedat
22nd March, 2018, 09:21 PM
I buy Kess V2 and he do all VAG obd and much cars also obd.
I have Ktag Clone and tomorrow do Mercedes E350 2012 with tricore.

I do al vag + all f serie over obd with kess, very stable and good tool. No one time gives error when writing, kess clone have bricked more ecu's
I have old CMD and he bricked sometimes ecu's like bmw edc16c35

autoSP
22nd March, 2018, 09:37 PM
Why buy slave? go master be free to choose any file supplier!

voltechcar
22nd March, 2018, 09:42 PM
yeah you really nice talk buy master. I buy master Kess and K-tag, price to this device 4000t euro K-tag, 5000t euro Kess. Next K-tag 700 euro subscription and 1000 euro Kess. This is not china clone, buy to funny price and thats all....

digital320
31st January, 2019, 11:50 PM
I steel think cmd is best for tuning part..but without active subscription you are not able to work with any newer ecu, so this will be the main reson people switch to autotuner and magic..