PDA

View Full Version : audi 2004 1.8T with RB4 instrument cluster

paulwilko123
22nd March, 2018, 01:30 AM
hi all
i recently purchased audi 2004 1.8T now when i try and start the dash says safe !!!
i bought vag tacho 3.01 but doesnt want to give me the immob pin code
im desperate to get this car sorted and was hoping somebody with similar issue could point me in the right direction
many thanks

A4rek
22nd March, 2018, 03:13 AM
Did you correct tacho by vag tacho? what is the dtc's in cluster?

paulwilko123
22nd March, 2018, 04:09 AM
Did you correct tacho by vag tacho? what is the dtc's in cluster?

sorry do not know what dtcs are in cluster i have vag com ordered will this be able to read dtcs in cluster ?
i purchased the car in this condition and was told the key needed programming but my audi dealer is 800-1000ks from me hence why i tried vag tacho to try and grab skc code

redivivus
22nd March, 2018, 04:34 AM
Hope you guys don't mind if I try and help out here as well? Just want to contribute to the site as much as I can:

i have vag com ordered will this be able to read dtcs in cluster ?

If you mean Rosstech VCDS, then yes, this should read the DTC (trouble codes) related to your instrument cluster.

Also, it sounds like you already have the cable for VAG Tacho, which uses the same communication protocol as VAG COM, so you should be able to use it with the software called Rosstech VCDS Lite, freeware provided from the official developer and available for immediate download from the official website.

VCDS Lite doesn't have the full functionality of the full version, however it has enough to obtain the trouble codes which should help you progress with the troubleshooting required to resolve your issue.

See enclosed TXT file attachment for link.

paulwilko123
22nd March, 2018, 05:47 AM
Hope you guys don't mind if I try and help out here as well? Just want to contribute to the site as much as I can:

If you mean Rosstech VCDS, then yes, this should read the DTC (trouble codes) related to your instrument cluster.

Also, it sounds like you already have the cable for VAG Tacho, which uses the same communication protocol as VAG COM, so you should be able to use it with the software called Rosstech VCDS Lite, freeware provided from the official developer and available for immediate download from the official website.

VCDS Lite doesn't have the full functionality of the full version, however it has enough to obtain the trouble codes which should help you progress with the troubleshooting required to resolve your issue.

See enclosed TXT file attachment for link.

vcds lite also wont connect to any ports
vag tacho gives results below

Connecting Bosch Motometer RB8/BPV...
OK
8E0920900N KOMBI+WEGFAHRS. RB4 D42
Check for MotoMeter tacho...
Tacho is MotoMeter! SW: 103
Unknown Software Vesrion !
!!! Access DENIED !!!
Reading Unit Info...
WAUZZZ8E44A283002 AUZ6Z0D0075968

A4rek
22nd March, 2018, 06:50 AM
cluster is collor or red?? i thinks someone want change mileage and the dash is broken becouse is crypto. without vcds we are to hard to help you. if you have vag tacho read eeprom and insert there