PDA

View Full Version : Audi a6 steering lock esl repair

ramiz auto lock
22nd March, 2018, 08:37 PM
Hi to all dk friends
I have a 2005 audi a6 in garage today that has problem with esl .
Turn key in ignition but no lights on dash no start and no noise from esl.
I cleard the fault codes then boom lights on dash and car start no problem .
I see on ebay there is some repair kits for a6 esl and i am trying to rwpair it.
I was wondering if some one had done this job before and is it hard to do or is there any thing that i need to be aware of ?
Basically looking to hear from someone that experienced this before
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

amigokola
22nd March, 2018, 09:08 PM
No problem to solder repair kit but be very careful with screws holding metal cover of ELV. Killed one by punching to much with little hammer to unscrew them :)

ramiz auto lock
22nd March, 2018, 09:15 PM
No problem to solder repair kit but be very careful with screws holding metal cover of ELV. Killed one by punching to much with little hammer to unscrew them :)Will do thanks.
So it should not be hard after removing the esl...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

amigokola
22nd March, 2018, 09:19 PM
Not at all. Just one relay and few microswitches as I remember. Only legs soldered to ground are little hard to desolder...

wissamshaat
23rd March, 2018, 12:00 AM
when elv is open cut the red black wire and u will never have to worry about it :D
but steering will not lock againe

urcarpc
12th July, 2020, 07:08 PM
I get the steering lock to unlock when i put key in ignition switch, then i cut power red and black wire, but i still dont get ignition after turning key.

I noticed that when the remote locking function on key stops working, i cannot find kessy in vag scan.

Can this still be caused by faulty switches and relay in esl

ricked
12th July, 2020, 07:57 PM
Not at all. Just one relay and few microswitches as I remember. Only legs soldered to ground are little hard to desolder...

2 out of 10 can be repaired this way other 8 have MCU problems and is dying
also no problems with de-soldering if you use enough heat...

p1et
12th July, 2020, 09:43 PM
I get the steering lock to unlock when i put key in ignition switch, then i cut power red and black wire, but i still dont get ignition after turning key.

I noticed that when the remote locking function on key stops working, i cannot find kessy in vag scan.

Can this still be caused by faulty switches and relay in esl

Probably you have fualty microswitch/es in the EIS module, check for it.

No problem to solder repair kit but be very careful with screws holding metal cover of ELV. Killed one by punching to much with little hammer to unscrew them :)

Just use dremel to make a cut on screws and then unscrew them with a flat head screwdriver

volorucinski
13th July, 2020, 03:26 AM
Better than that esl work for nothing... is this: replace the key reader. With a working one from scrapyard and you will start the car. Come back and post that i was right ;)