PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to buy a NEW Nokia DBOX2?

sbance
20th August, 2008, 08:26 AM
And how much do they cost? Is there anyone out there that can supply me two/three please let me know. Thanks

JohnO1234
20th August, 2008, 11:34 AM
Hiya

You can't get NEW Dboxes anymore. You best bet would be fleabay for these, but they don't come up often anymore.

Do you want a Dbox specifically as they are quite old?

You might be better off with a DM500 or 600 now.

John

UnitedPirate
20th August, 2008, 12:20 PM
I got mine from here http://www.dbox2.com/eng/pi1944704127.htm?categoryId=1 not pertically cheap but at least you get a 12 mth warrenty.

Dazza
20th August, 2008, 04:32 PM
I got mine from here http://www.dbox2.com/eng/pi1944704127.htm?categoryId=1 not pertically cheap but at least you get a 12 mth warrenty.

Jeez, what's that, nearly ?200 quid for a seven (at least?) year old, second hand box...?

I'd stick to ebay myself...! (Or get a Dream clone with warranty!)

ruprect
20th August, 2008, 06:10 PM
If mine was to break tomorrow I would get an itgate or a clone dreambox, in saying that I love the nokia dbox!

They are rarer but still the same price on ebay, usually ?150 delivered. Last one I got arrived broken and it cost me ?34 to send it back, this has put me off them in future.

They are becoming more like collectors items.

Actually if mine broke I could probably still get the price of a clone for what I could get selling it as broken on ebay.

They are old but I think most were built in sweden by nokia, could well last longer than the dodgy components in clones.

dingodog
20th August, 2008, 08:34 PM
Sagems seem to go for a fair bit less than their Nokia counterparts, I'd do some reading up on them and consider one of these for alot less dosh. Maybe other members could shed some light on why the preference is for Nokia.
Update
Just had a looksee here http://www.dbox2.com/eng/pi1944704127.htm?categoryId=1 theres only 10 Euro diff now, Sagems used to be way cheaper.

redhound
20th August, 2008, 09:29 PM
the dbox2 is now 7-9 years old and isnt worth the money,the memory is full,the sagem at that age the power supply is on its last legs,the nokia while a lot better is still old,the tuner sweats with heat and with age comes lines.why not buy some neat small boxes that are now available cheaply rather then these past their bests.

ruprect
20th August, 2008, 10:29 PM
Sagems seem to go for a fair bit less than their Nokia counterparts, I'd do some reading up on them and consider one of these for alot less dosh. Maybe other members could shed some light on why the preference is for Nokia.
Sagems are crap, thats why! except I prefer their remotes. I have had a few pass through my hands and set them up for mates and I would never touch a sagem again. If my nokia remote broke I would get a sagem one though, but a nokia remote will not work on a sagem.

The sagems are prone to "chirping", I prefer the look of nokias, easier to flash in general and better build quality IMO.

I have no reason to be against sagems, I have a nokia & a sagem, my sagem is broken though! new PSU on its way to me at the minute.

krazylegz
21st August, 2008, 12:17 AM
Sagems are crap, thats why! except I prefer their remotes. I have had a few pass through my hands and set them up for mates and I would never touch a sagem again. If my nokia remote broke I would get a sagem one though, but a nokia remote will not work on a sagem.

The sagems are prone to "chirping", I prefer the look of nokias, easier to flash in general and better build quality IMO.

I have no reason to be against sagems, I have a nokia & a sagem, my sagem is broken though! new PSU on its way to me at the minute.

everybody has their own personal preference m8.

i've had a few sagems both 1x and 2x and all been spot on for me, plus i prefer them with the power supplys being on a seperate board where as its all in one on a nokia, the remote as you stated on sagem is also better.

but some are over 10years old now and i wouldnt touch one with a 10 foot barge pole, dreambox all the way these days;)

redhound
21st August, 2008, 02:12 AM
have had a couple sitting here for the past four years,and can remember having to short a pin on a connection to get the things into debug,i never used them.they can be problematic at times also, and when i had cable always used the original box and card,the dreambox is far better its far more compact,easy to use and if you want to get more advanced you can.

ajnabi
29th August, 2008, 11:06 PM
i got mine from ebay for abbout ?110 from Germany

ibizara
14th April, 2010, 02:15 PM
I recently purchased a Cable Nokia Dbox2 from Total Shop UK

Direct Link - Total Shop UK :: DBox2 Nokia Cable Receiver (http://www.totalshopuk.com/products/p/dbox2-nokia-cable-receiver)

It was a bit pricey but looked like new and was already in debug mode so I didn't need to open it up

Regards,
ibizara

chris31560
14th April, 2010, 02:58 PM
m8 i would save ur money and get a decant s*y box n3 to close now:top:...

ibizara
14th April, 2010, 03:05 PM
has there been any indications n3 is coming soon? like are any areas using it yet? ... i was hoping to get at least 6 months out of my new box b4 any n3

Edit: should have read through forum, answer soon - yes, in use - no

chris31560
14th April, 2010, 07:35 PM
hi m8 check the list of 3.7/n3 areas see if urs is there before shelling out any money,(i would)...