PDA

View Full Version : this is a newbie guide to set up a r4 card

pjtaff
9th November, 2009, 08:38 PM
hi first of all you will need a couple of things the first being the firmware that you need to put on the r4 card
you can download that here
Digital Kaos - Downloads - R4 SDHC v1.25 kernel (English) (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/ds/21/r4-sdhc-v1-25-kernel-english-607/)

next you will need a program called winrar
just google it and you should find it as a free download

so heres a list of how i would do it
1.get a copy of win rar instaled on your computer
2.download the firmware in the link above that i gave you
3.once the download has finished (should only take about a minute) winrar should open up now look on it and it should say on 1 of the tabs extract to click this and choose your destination of where you want the files to go ( what i tend to do is create a new folder on your desktop and call it r4 firmware and extract to that)
4.check that everything is downloaded and extracted to your folder you should have anything between four or five things in your folder.
5.put your r4 memory card into your computer and wait until it opens up on your computer as a blank page
6.now copy all of the things in your r4 firmware folder these should be 5 things named

SYSTEM
MOONSHI
DS MENU
DSMENU
DS MSHL

copy all these files to your sd card

7.create a new folder on your sd card and name it games
(if you dont know how to create a new folder just look on the left hand side of your sd page and your should see a option that says create a new folder)
8 all you need now is some games normaly when you download games thay are in a rar format so just left click the mouse on your game and select extract files here.

once you have done this you will probely have a couple of different things the only thing you need is the game

you will know which one the game is it will be the one that has a .NDS on the end of if

right you got your game now all you need to do is copy it to your games folder on your sd card

once you have done this you can keep on putting games into the games folder using the same procces remember only to put in a file that ends in .NDS cause thats your game

the only other thing is do not totaly fill your card up you need to leave space on it

so if you have a 4gb card you only want to put about 3.4gb of games on it

hope this help you if so click thanks at the bottem

it might sound a bit long winded and dawnting but dont worry it is easy and it should only take you about half hour to set up (as long as you got all the games you want downloaded

if you are using a r4i card you will need to change the following things
1. you will need a different firmware use this firmware and you should be good
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Firmware 1.09b (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/ds/21/firmware-1-09b-847/)

2. you donot need to create a folder and call it games all you have to do is is to put all your games straight onto the root of the sd card

if you are getting problem with your r4 card like when you insert your card in the ds and it just says loading try a different fimware, check the website you bought the card off most website have the correct firmware for your card on there so just check next time you buy one.

well i hope this guide is usfull to anyone and i apolagise if i have missed anything out but hopefully this can be a page where people can come and look and hopefullly find the sollution

if this helps anyopne please push the thanks button at the bottom
a little thanks goes a long way

all the best taf
:sheep::sheep::wink:

pjtaff
13th November, 2009, 05:59 PM
hi could i have some feed back please on my tutorial above
just weather it is usfull or not or even if you think i have missed thing and i need to edit it

many thanks
taf

mickydibble
13th November, 2009, 10:06 PM
very good pjtaff, seems to be anyway havnt read it honestly because i allready know ,but just thought i would point out that if people download winrar to chage its setting by: click options,settings,integration,and where it says "associate winrar with" click select all and save the settings....it will stop compatability issues on the packaged files say they are 7zip and not zip.....thnx m

daithi
15th November, 2009, 04:49 PM
cheers mate that sounds pure simple just wondering what type card ya need will any sd card do or does it have to be micro sd with the adapter thingy and are all sd cards r4 cheers

antsumner
15th November, 2009, 05:20 PM
buy a dstt card its cheaper m8 and a 4gb micro sd card off ebay for about ?5
look here for dstt card about ?3.50 m8
DealExtreme: Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Site-Wide Free Shipping (Page 1) (http://www.dealextreme.com/)

pjtaff
15th November, 2009, 08:32 PM
cheers mate that sounds pure simple just wondering what type card ya need will any sd card do or does it have to be micro sd with the adapter thingy and are all sd cards r4 cheers
yea has to be micro sd if you go to a site called
www.r4gift.com,cheapset price,same day post in uk. (http://www.r4gift.com)
they have a r4 card with a 4gb micro sd for about ?18 for that you will get a usb adapter too which you will need to plug into your computer so you can put the firmware and games on to the sd card

there are loads of different sites and cards about and different people will tell you different things about cards but all i can say is i have never had any probs with r4 and the site i listed above they have always been great normally get the cards within a few days

hope this helps you on your way to doing your first card

antsumner
15th November, 2009, 10:10 PM
why pay ?18 when you can get it for about ?9 all in?:party:

daithi
18th November, 2009, 08:35 PM
hi is this what i need im doing 3 cards for the sisters kids so i take it i only need one of these and 3 cards

eBay.ie: NEW SD SDH Cart DSTT USB 2.0 Card Reader to computer (item 390065919637 end time 04-Dec-09 15:53:08 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-SD-SDH-Cart-DSTT-USB-2-0-Card-Reader-to-computer_W0QQitemZ390065919637QQcmdZViewItemQQptZV ideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item5ad1bd9695)

pjtaff
19th November, 2009, 07:00 PM
hi is this what i need im doing 3 cards for the sisters kids so i take it i only need one of these and 3 cards

eBay.ie: NEW SD SDH Cart DSTT USB 2.0 Card Reader to computer (item 390065919637 end time 04-Dec-09 15:53:08 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-SD-SDH-Cart-DSTT-USB-2-0-Card-Reader-to-computer_W0QQitemZ390065919637QQcmdZViewItemQQptZV ideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item5ad1bd9695)
checked out that item if i was you i would buy a kit on a site that sells the r4 or the dstt which ever one you are going for
by a kit i mean you get the card for the ds a memory card and a usb card reader cause the one you are looking at on ebay costs about ?10 inc p&p for another ?8 you can get the r4 and a 4gb card

but what ever you go for make sure you have a look on the advert for the firmware to download for the card most websites will have the firmware to download
personaly i always buy from
www.r4gifts.com
found them really good fast delivery and never had a problem with the cards
hope this helps

taf

daithi
19th November, 2009, 07:32 PM
sorry for bothering ya again mate so is this the kit your on about from them

www.r4gift.com,cheapset price,same day post in uk. (http://www.r4gift.com/productShow.asp?id=586)

i wanna do two more cards as well for her so i take it i only need this because i already have the usb reader

www.r4gift.com,cheapset price,same day post in uk. (http://www.r4gift.com/productShow.asp?id=572)

pjtaff
19th November, 2009, 08:19 PM
sorry for bothering ya again mate so is this the kit your on about from them

www.r4gift.com,cheapset price,same day post in uk. (http://www.r4gift.com/productShow.asp?id=586)

i wanna do two more cards as well for her so i take it i only need this because i already have the usb reader

www.r4gift.com,cheapset price,same day post in uk. (http://www.r4gift.com/productShow.asp?id=572)

yea ether one of them personally i always use r4
but up to you what i would say is go for the 4gb card not the 2gb card not alot of price difference and you can fit on average about 60 to 90 games on a 4gb so plenty of room to add more a 2gb you are looking about 35 games

daithi
19th November, 2009, 09:50 PM
ya was going to get the 4gb for her anyway

im just getting mixed up with the different cards

one thing though i couldn find an R4 kit on there site just the dstt kits

for 3 nintendo ds to work i need

one usb reader
3 R4 cards
and 3 micro sd cards

thanks for the help mate hope i can return the favour sometime

xant14
19th November, 2009, 10:11 PM
Looks a nice guide PJtaff, Thing is, I aint got a ds at the mo, but the daughter is pestering me for one. So this is ideal for when I do need to sort it.
Thankz

pjtaff
21st November, 2009, 04:50 PM
ya was going to get the 4gb for her anyway

im just getting mixed up with the different cards

one thing though i couldn find an R4 kit on there site just the dstt kits

for 3 nintendo ds to work i need

one usb reader
3 R4 cards
and 3 micro sd cards

thanks for the help mate hope i can return the favour sometime

no prob glad to help this is the r4 kit
www.r4gift.com,cheapset price,same day post in uk. (http://www.r4gift.com/productShow.asp?id=430)

daithi
21st November, 2009, 05:22 PM
cheers just bought one there now and see how i get on

cost 28.78 euro but for the next two i wont need the usb reader

never thought of asking will this card work on the older model ds

pjtaff
22nd November, 2009, 05:10 PM
cheers just bought one there now and see how i get on

cost 28.78 euro but for the next two i wont need the usb reader

never thought of asking will this card work on the older model ds
yes m8 i have done a few for the older ds and had no probs

tipex66
27th November, 2009, 05:32 PM
okayyyyy! done everything you said up until number 5 put your r4 card in your computer, only to find i dont have a slot the right size for the r4 card. what do i need to do and also what is the usb reader for that comes with it? help !!

cgscott
27th November, 2009, 05:40 PM
okayyyyy! done everything you said up until number 5 put your r4 card in your computer, only to find i dont have a slot the right size for the r4 card. what do i need to do and also what is the usb reader for that comes with it? help !!

You need a micro sd card.

You shouldve got this with the usb adapter. If not purchase a MICRO SD CARD

tipex66
27th November, 2009, 06:29 PM
You need a micro sd card.

You shouldve got this with the usb adapter. If not purchase a MICRO SD CARD

ive got a 2 gb micro sd card but dont no what to do ?

pjtaff
27th November, 2009, 06:42 PM
ive got a 2 gb micro sd card but dont no what to do ?
right just get the usb stick and put your sd card in the end of the stick it should just slot it once this is done now you are ready to put the usb stick into your computer and copy all the files and games

hope this helps
taf

tipex66
28th November, 2009, 04:48 PM
as usual thanks for the help i recieved, although i ended up doing it from a tutorial of you tube. i needed the 1.18 kernel and a real idiots guide to getting the games. many thanks.

pjtaff
28th November, 2009, 07:09 PM
as usual thanks for the help i recieved, although i ended up doing it from a tutorial of you tube. i needed the 1.18 kernel and a real idiots guide to getting the games. many thanks.
thats ok m8 as long as you got it done in the end thats the main thing

daithi
30th November, 2009, 08:55 PM
cheers mate it is pretty simple once ya get going at it the card got me flustered picking which one to get thanks again

pjtaff
30th November, 2009, 09:26 PM
cheers mate it is pretty simple once ya get going at it the card got me flustered picking which one to get thanks again
no prob m8 it looks difficult when the read it all but once you done it it is simple
but glad your all sorted

tipex66
5th December, 2009, 02:46 PM
bought another card but sdhc r4 and copied this info and done it in about 10 minutes so thanks again ,
oh, you probably know anyway that theres a 1.26 kernel now, thats the one i used

pjtaff
5th December, 2009, 08:01 PM
bought another card but sdhc r4 and copied this info and done it in about 10 minutes so thanks again ,
oh, you probably know anyway that theres a 1.26 kernel now, thats the one i used
glad to here you got it done m8 and that my tutorial helped you out
thats why i done a tutorial to try and give people a leg up on doing a r4 and just glad it is helping people

all the best
taf

kingofmac
6th December, 2009, 11:17 AM
i have french kernel, can I upgrade to the EN one ?

pjtaff
6th December, 2009, 07:43 PM
i have french kernel, can I upgrade to the EN one ?
just download the link in the opening page of the tutorial m8 and that is the English one

si4560
6th December, 2009, 09:19 PM
Have got an r4 one of the first ones with firmware 1.18 just checking this is the highest you can go on this card, to put 1.25/6 firmware on it I will need to purchase v2 r4 or is there a way of doing it on original card?? simon

pjtaff
7th December, 2009, 08:29 PM
Have got an r4 one of the first ones with firmware 1.18 just checking this is the highest you can go on this card, to put 1.25/6 firmware on it I will need to purchase v2 r4 or is there a way of doing it on original card?? simon
don'treally know m8 best thing to do is to just try it wont do any harm just copy all the firmware you have on the card to your pc then delete all the firmware off your card and put the new firmware on you shouldn't need to buy a new card
but to be honest if you got no probs with the card you have then leave well alone and stick to the firmware you have on it at the mo, cause for what i know i dont think there is any benefits to updateing the firmware but im sure if im wrong someone will tell me

hope this helps
all the best
taf

jackd444
10th December, 2009, 08:21 AM
Hi everyeone ! new to this sort of thing ! and wondering if anyone out thier can help with the firmwear for r4 -SDHC cards , bought one for my kids christmas but having probs gettig it to load up !! cheers :hello:

pjtaff
11th December, 2009, 07:31 PM
Hi everyeone ! new to this sort of thing ! and wondering if anyone out thier can help with the firmwear for r4 -SDHC cards , bought one for my kids christmas but having probs gettig it to load up !! cheers :hello:
download the firmware and follow the guide at the start of this post m8 if you get any probs with setting it up just detail your probs on here and me or someone else will help you out

si4560
12th December, 2009, 09:56 AM
sorry for late reply thanks for replying so quick will leave R4 will try new firmware if no joy will leave alone thanks again:rolleyes:

suspect device
12th December, 2009, 05:18 PM
I have a R4 SDHC Upgrade, but cannot get it to work. Tried every kernel under the sun; it either has the Menu? error, or freezes when it says "loading".

About to give up with it. Tried downloading off wwwr4i-sdhc.com, but must be the slowest site ever. Never managed to to get a complete download yet.

Any ideas?

smirnoff_rules
12th December, 2009, 05:19 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f64/i-am-gettin-peed-off-now-ds-lite-72509/ try here

wasbubs
15th December, 2009, 02:08 AM
does this work guide work with "fake" r4's? I bought one a while ago and the normal firmware worked but I got another one recently for a friend and tried to use the normal firmware and it doesn't run. stuck in loading screen.

pjtaff
16th December, 2009, 08:10 PM
does this work guide work with "fake" r4's? I bought one a while ago and the normal firmware worked but I got another one recently for a friend and tried to use the normal firmware and it doesn't run. stuck in loading screen.
yes m8 the guide will work for you if it is stuck on the loading screen then you have got the wrong firmware on the card try the later firmware any thing above 1.18 should be good

richtea40
19th December, 2009, 02:30 PM
hi pjtaff,
just to say what a great tutorial, it will help many from tearing their hair out when the kids are hassling them on christmas day.
all the best!:party:

pjtaff
19th December, 2009, 04:13 PM
hi pjtaff,
just to say what a great tutorial, it will help many from tearing their hair out when the kids are hassling them on christmas day.
all the best!:party:
thanks very much m8 just thought i would try to help a few people out and it seems to have done the trick

emsibub
3rd January, 2010, 07:57 PM
Hi there,

This was mentioned earlier on in the thread but i've tried and tried and tried again to get this working, all I get is ?menu on my DSLite

I bought the R4 Revolution Upgrade GE card with a 2GB micro SD. I has tried many kernals and nothing is working and as mentioned, all I get is ?Menu.

Can you help?
Many Thanks Emma

antsumner
3rd January, 2010, 09:10 PM
hi emma r u using winrar to open the folder?

antsumner
3rd January, 2010, 09:15 PM
try this emma
Digital Kaos - Downloads - R4 firmware V1.18 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/ds/21/r4-firmware-v1-18-202/)
drag on to micro card
system folder
moonshl folder
ds menu dat
ds mshl
all should work then let us know how u get on

RATTYNATTY
3rd January, 2010, 10:49 PM
Can anyone help me? I have one of these but I cannot get it to work - can anyone help?

cgscott
3rd January, 2010, 10:55 PM
Can anyone help me? I have one of these but I cannot get it to work - can anyone help?

What exactly is the problem?
What firmware have you tried?
What model of r4 is it? Says on the front?

RATTYNATTY
3rd January, 2010, 10:57 PM
Its an R4 SDHC Upgrade card with 8gb sd - tried to go to the www.r4i-sdhc.com (http://www.r4i-sdhc.com) site and the r4ds.com site which I bought it off and it doesnt load up. I have tried to look for alternative software but really dont know what I am doing now - I am getting so exasperated!

antsumner
3rd January, 2010, 11:14 PM
i think this is what you need
Digital Kaos - Downloads - R4i English V1.09b.rar for R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolut (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/ds/21/r4i-english-v1-09b-rar-r4-sdhc-upgrade-revolut-999/)
just drop on sd card then drop games on.

antsumner
3rd January, 2010, 11:16 PM
sorry it might be this one
Digital Kaos - Downloads - R4 SDHC v1.25 kernel (English) (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/ds/21/r4-sdhc-v1-25-kernel-english-607/)

emsibub
4th January, 2010, 02:32 PM
hi emma r u using winrar to open the folder?

Yes...

Thanks for your further advice I will try later and update

pjtaff
5th January, 2010, 07:11 PM
Its an R4 SDHC Upgrade card with 8gb sd - tried to go to the www.r4i-sdhc.com (http://www.r4i-sdhc.com) site and the r4ds.com site which I bought it off and it doesnt load up. I have tried to look for alternative software but really dont know what I am doing now - I am getting so exasperated!
right mate first things first lets try with the easy one have you follow my tutorial
because it could be a simple thing like when you download the kernal<the software for it to work> you have toextract the files which basicly means that the download will be in a rar format so you need a program called winrar once you have that program just extractthe files and then put all the files onto the sd card
make sure they all go on once this is done just put the games onto your sd card again making sure that you have extracted the game

so the file you want will end in.NDS <this is your game>
then hopefully all will be good

just go through the tutorial step by step just to make sure you havn't missed anything out

any probs just post back

IF WE HELP PLEASE HIT THE THANKS TAB A LITTLE THANKS GOES ALONG WAY

raj_sarah
6th January, 2010, 09:02 PM
the SD card seems to work but the adaptor (R4 card) does not seem to work.

keirgan
9th January, 2010, 08:18 PM
This is just perfect for a newbie like me. I had never even used winrar before. Thank you, my children are elated. :goodpost:

pjtaff
13th January, 2010, 08:16 PM
This is just perfect for a newbie like me. I had never even used winrar before. Thank you, my children are elated. :goodpost:
no prob m8 if it helps you just hit the thanks tab at the bottom
but glad it helped

br1z0
23rd January, 2010, 10:51 AM
hi there having major probs trying to get my r4 card to work.....this is the first one ive ever had and followed the guide to the letter and still got nothing working.....just comes up the normal start screen with no card inserted message.....please help....im using the r4 upgrade rev for the ds lite with an 8gb memory card

pjtaff
24th January, 2010, 07:31 PM
hi there having major probs trying to get my r4 card to work.....this is the first one ive ever had and followed the guide to the letter and still got nothing working.....just comes up the normal start screen with no card inserted message.....please help....im using the r4 upgrade rev for the ds lite with an 8gb memory card
have you tried first format the sd card to fat32
if this is done then try different firmware for the card check the site you bought it off they should have the correct firmware

plus just double check the guide again just to make sure that you haven't missed anything out
the other thing it could be if you have checked everything is a faulty card try wiping over the terminals on the r4

velocity.girl
26th January, 2010, 01:03 PM
thanks so much for the first post...hoping it helps as my r4 card works but my re upgrade ge one is being a pain in the butt!

ok so i've download all the stuff and it's still not working...i can't seem to find the right one i need online?! i need the right kernal etc for the r4 upgrade ge sdhc...

any help would be super :)

skinym3
11th February, 2010, 08:25 PM
i have a R4 upgrade revoloution for ds im gettting the loading..... i have a 2gig card ive tried the latest kernal for my flash cart any other ideas what i should try??

pjtaff
26th February, 2010, 08:51 PM
i have a R4 upgrade revoloution for ds im gettting the loading..... i have a 2gig card ive tried the latest kernal for my flash cart any other ideas what i should try??
have you tried the orriginal site that you bought the card off they should have the correct kernal to go with the card

Zubaro
15th April, 2010, 09:38 PM
Hi There,

Feels like I've come to the right place... The thing is that I got a NDS and from a friend a loaded card with games, music and movies... The thing is that when I start the NDS I have two icons one Game and one Media. If I choose Game and start a game there I will recieve "savfile not found!" If I choose Media I have the games there as well and if I choose a game there the game will start and I can play it.

Any ideas on how to get the Game button working and how to get hold of the music and movies? This is the first day I look at this thing so probably I have missed something but what... Hope you can help me, I would like to have Games on Games and movies and music on media...

Thanks

pjtaff
16th April, 2010, 07:46 PM
Hi There,

Feels like I've come to the right place... The thing is that I got a NDS and from a friend a loaded card with games, music and movies... The thing is that when I start the NDS I have two icons one Game and one Media. If I choose Game and start a game there I will recieve "savfile not found!" If I choose Media I have the games there as well and if I choose a game there the game will start and I can play it.

Any ideas on how to get the Game button working and how to get hold of the music and movies? This is the first day I look at this thing so probably I have missed something but what... Hope you can help me, I would like to have Games on Games and movies and music on media...

Thanks
are you getting the save not found on all of the games or just the first one you tried also what card is it a r4 or other, it should say on the card

Zubaro
17th April, 2010, 05:14 PM
On the main menu there are three icons Games Media and Slot 2. On Games I can't play any game, all comes up with this "savfile not founded!" But on Media I can play all games, but only games... When I look at the card I can see that my friend has put some movies and music as well but these I can't reach... Shouldn't they be on media?

Sorry, but this is so very new to me and I just got this for my daughter, she's happy playing the games but it should be in the right way in order to get the other things working as well... If you have any ideas what is causing this I would be greatful.

It is an R4 card and on the micro SD it says Lexar 8Gb on the start menu it says ver 1.08b on the lower left corner... So it doesn't say R4i as I have seen on other places.... If it helps ;)

BR
Zubaro

Zubaro
18th April, 2010, 06:16 PM
Hello again,

I went to the R4i-sdhc.com and downloaded the 1.20b kernell and then replaced all files but the games, music and movies folders... After this it all started working fine again. So my card wasn't an R4i but the files on it looked like there were for an i card.

BR
Zubaro

pjtaff
18th April, 2010, 06:29 PM
Hello again,

I went to the R4i-sdhc.com and downloaded the 1.20b kernell and then replaced all files but the games, music and movies folders... After this it all started working fine again. So my card wasn't an R4i but the files on it looked like there were for an i card.

BR
Zubaro
as long as its working now thats the main thing always better when you can work it out your self it means you learn more but if you do get stuck as we all do from time to time then we are here to sort it out hopefully

manni84
29th April, 2010, 11:18 AM
i have the same problem with my r4 sdhc upgrade revolution it just comes up with the menu? and thats it

pjtaff
4th July, 2010, 06:15 PM
REALLY GLAD THIS POST IS HELPING PEOPLE THOUGHT THIS SITE NEEDED A GUIDE KEEP HITTING THE THANKS TAB AND LEAVING COMMENTS ABOUT PROBS YOU GOT OR HOW YOU GOT OVER ANY PROBS THAT ARE NOT IN THE GUIDE SO OTHERS CAN SEE

paul11277
3rd November, 2010, 09:52 PM
Hi, i am new to this but this guide seems to be just what i need. Hopefully it will work with my 4 gig sd card because quiet a few sites i have seen say it will not work on a 4gb card

barrowmanandrew
3rd November, 2010, 09:57 PM
Hi, i am new to this but this guide seems to be just what i need. Hopefully it will work with my 4 gig sd card because quiet a few sites i have seen say it will not work on a 4gb card

what card do you hsve?

pjtaff
8th November, 2010, 08:25 PM
if your using a r4 m8 you should have no probs with a 4gb card thats what i use and dont get any probs

barrowmanandrew
8th November, 2010, 10:00 PM
if your using a r4 m8 you should have no probs with a 4gb card thats what i use and dont get any probs

original r4 cards dont support sdhc m8. you can only use cards upto 2 gig.
all the r4 sdhc upgrade cards are clones,
they will take any size sd card, but finding the correct firmware is a ~~~~ing nightmare.

almeida
9th November, 2010, 01:38 AM
hello my friend,
i have a child with a nintendo dsi and have a card with 4GB.
i try all the fimwears and all give the same information that not have any archive format aac.
i try to open at the menu with the optin card.
is that way or i have missing something?
could be the card and firmwear?
i don?t mind to bye a new card but i like to bye and give it work.
thanks

mikmok66
12th November, 2010, 01:49 AM
Hi is this the fireware to replace the old 1.18 version?
ty in advance

Mikmok

ficos
19th November, 2010, 08:41 PM
Hi m8
where the file smc or nds must be copied onto R41?
tls

pjtaff
30th November, 2010, 05:58 PM
Hi is this the fireware to replace the old 1.18 version?
ty in advance

Mikmok
that would depend om the r4 card you have all r4 cards are now clones so to my knolage not all firmware work on all cards its a matter of try a new firmware but if it doesn't work then revert back to the old one. really if your not having any probs then you got no reason to change
:sheep::sheep::sheep::wink:

deanthedude1977
6th December, 2010, 09:22 PM
Hi and thanks for tutorial...
i have just ordered my R4 card and bits from the site u said about-thanks again..

Their installation method is similar but slightly diff---see below....

Each adaptor in distribution are tested before the normal operation unless the transport process damage, you need to step by step according to installation guide for installation.

Step 1, You would need to format the Micro sd card and install firmware onto the DS card before it can use.
Step 2, you need to download the software.
Software download link : http://www.r4sdhc.com/down/R4/English-1.34.rar (http://www.r4sdhc.com/down/R4/English-1.34.rar)
Step 3, unzip the (English-1.34.rar) and open the folder which be named English-1.34 then you need to drop or copy the 9 contents,4 folders (_system_,_patch,moonshl2,moonmemo) and 5 files (_DS_MENU.DAT,_DS_MENU.INI,_DS_MSHL.NDS,r4dldi,R4_ PANDORA.NDS) from kernel in to micro sd card without the root folder.(NOTE: If you do not have unzip tools ,you can download here: http://www.rarsoft.com/ (http://www.rarsoft.com/))

Step 4, You need to unzip your game , then directly drop your game(xxx.nds) to your Micro sd card NOT in any other folders after the right installation of the software.

Step 5, In the final insert the sd card to your r4 sdhc adaptor, now you can select (happy face) icon and then select your game .Enjoy your games.

Will both methods work or do i have to follow this one as its where im getting bits from?

Thanks again great site

kenzie0507
7th December, 2010, 09:44 PM
I'm just hoping this solves our daughter's problem of the blank screen and it's not the actual card that is the problem.

I seldom get round to thanking people like you who go the extra mile, so I'm kind of pleased I was forced to make this post - guys like you make this world a better place for people like my daughter (ok, I admit it, I like the DS Lite too).

Thanks so so much!:congrats:
M

simonhunt007
13th December, 2010, 07:00 AM
I'm a newbie here. Will this work with a R4I-SDHC v1.4.1?

Thanks

barrowmanandrew
13th December, 2010, 08:45 AM
I'm a newbie here. Will this work with a R4I-SDHC v1.4.1?

Thanks

no, it is an old post with out of date firmware.

jebuz
15th December, 2010, 01:55 AM
hello my r4 card isn`t reading in my ds it is a r4 upgrade ge card with 8 gb i can?t find software for the card please help me

jebuz
15th December, 2010, 05:13 PM
Guys i have ndi and a r4 card upgrade ge (game ending_) and i cna?t find right software to use please someboydy help me

pjtaff
21st December, 2010, 07:32 PM
no probs peeps as said above the software is a bit out of date now but the info is the same just need to find the latest software for your card which you should find on here in the downloads section

pjtaff
21st December, 2010, 07:36 PM
Hi and thanks for tutorial...
i have just ordered my R4 card and bits from the site u said about-thanks again..

Their installation method is similar but slightly diff---see below....

Each adaptor in distribution are tested before the normal operation unless the transport process damage, you need to step by step according to installation guide for installation.

Step 1, You would need to format the Micro sd card and install firmware onto the DS card before it can use.
Step 2, you need to download the software.
Software download link : http://www.r4sdhc.com/down/R4/English-1.34.rar (http://www.r4sdhc.com/down/R4/English-1.34.rar)
Step 3, unzip the (English-1.34.rar) and open the folder which be named English-1.34 then you need to drop or copy the 9 contents,4 folders (_system_,_patch,moonshl2,moonmemo) and 5 files (_DS_MENU.DAT,_DS_MENU.INI,_DS_MSHL.NDS,r4dldi,R4_ PANDORA.NDS) from kernel in to micro sd card without the root folder.(NOTE: If you do not have unzip tools ,you can download here: http://www.rarsoft.com/ (http://www.rarsoft.com/))

Step 4, You need to unzip your game , then directly drop your game(xxx.nds) to your Micro sd card NOT in any other folders after the right installation of the software.

Step 5, In the final insert the sd card to your r4 sdhc adaptor, now you can select (happy face) icon and then select your game .Enjoy your games.

Will both methods work or do i have to follow this one as its where im getting bits from?

Thanks again great site

thing change all the time m8 this tutorial was up to date when i done it but things move on all the time the tutorial is still the same just the sofware needs updating but hope it did help to guide you in the right path
:wink::sheep::sheep:

fedupdad
22nd December, 2010, 05:03 PM
i have tried a number of kernels now. reason for not working is i upgraded my boys ds to a dsi and bought him new r4i and it works fine but tried to use this 2gb card to extend his collection but then thought better of it and wanted to use it again for dslite ( for me to play games whilst i work away ) now i cant get it to work :(

plz help me :(

harrisonjorja
17th January, 2011, 03:41 AM
thankl you so much for your help... though am unable to load the dsi link... it is a better start than I expected

bfmoon
18th January, 2011, 03:20 AM
thanks for the guide. Do you just load the games in the root of the sd card? or do I need to make a file called games?

pjtaff
18th January, 2011, 11:49 PM
thanks for the guide. Do you just load the games in the root of the sd card? or do I need to make a file called games?
you can do eather m8 i personaly prefer to create a games file i find it easier to alter in the future when all you games are in one place, one thing to remmember for the future is when you remove any game make sure you also delete the game save file on the sd card because it is taking up memory, also with this if you want to set any game back to the begining all the have to do is delete the save file
hope this helps m8

pjtaff
1st February, 2011, 08:10 PM
thankl you so much for your help... though am unable to load the dsi link... it is a better start than I expected
no prob m8 glad to help what link are you on about let me know will try to help:sheep::sheep:

ChaoticTranquility
22nd September, 2012, 03:05 AM
I have everything but for some reason, still loading screen?

Mistyddietz0718
5th January, 2013, 06:56 PM
i cant figure this out, i deleted my little brothers stuff on his r4 card by formatting it, and now i have to figure out how to put everything back on...

pjmorie
5th January, 2013, 10:05 PM
i cant figure this out, i deleted my little brothers stuff on his r4 card by formatting it, and now i have to figure out how to put everything back on...

It's a bit late to say you should have coppied the firmware files before formatting but all is not lost.
Is it an original R4 card? What is written on the lable on the front of the card, it usualy has the type of card and a website.

swinbob
7th January, 2013, 10:54 PM
hi my friends r4 card has stopped working for dsi when i got it from her i intended to updated the firmware but her card hasnt got r4 on it, its blank and a see through colour to it iv put the latest wood-r4-v.1.56 on it but will not work, can anybody help me please