PDA

View Full Version : Passat 3c b6 2010 Immo active in hot weather---please advise fix?

Punjabi13
31st March, 2018, 09:26 AM
Hi,

I am from India and have Passat 3c 1.8 TSI 2010 car which dont start when its hot weather outside or in Summers in sun. In winter from NOV to FEB i dont face any issues in car. In summer during day time and evening all good but in afternoon if the car is parked in sun it wont start. the dash shows Immo active. From last three yrs been to WOLkswagen service center 3-4 times for this issue but they are unable to fix it. I read on forums that my changing the passat ignition switch part number 3C0905843AC and I replaced it too but it didnt fix the issue. VCDS gives me 01176 code error. Please advie me how to fix it as VW service center cnt diagnose it. your help will be really appreciated. Thanks.

rafal
31st March, 2018, 09:39 AM
Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Immobilizer Reader Coil

Punjabi13
1st April, 2018, 04:19 PM
Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Immobilizer Reader Coil

Thanks a lot for suggestion. I asked the VW service center last year to do this and they told me they checked it. I doubt they did though so will take the car again. Thanks.

kiszka
1st April, 2018, 04:57 PM

super jumbe
1st April, 2018, 06:37 PM
Have tried with both keys just a thought!!

Weasel3
1st April, 2018, 06:52 PM
On some clusters failing while driving. VAG.

You can prevent that the power is on, if the fuse is removed.
The one giving power to the clock.
There is always some current in the circuit, when this where it is supposed to be.

Removed the fuse on vehicle about 10 years ago. Clock is not working as it used to be. It gives you driving time instead :)
But cluster stopped failing. Never failed since. Older car not worth do further repairs.

This vehicle did not have a starting problem. Only all gauges stopped working. Did test with the specific solder bridge points on PCB. But failure came back anyway.

Not sure it will help you on this model though. Need to check wiring diagram, to see the hole circuit if this would affect anything.

dtip
1st April, 2018, 07:43 PM
On some clusters failing while driving. VAG.

You can prevent that the power is on, if the fuse is removed.
The one giving power to the clock.
There is always some current in the circuit, when this where it is supposed to be.

Removed the fuse on vehicle about 10 years ago. Clock is not working as it used to be. It gives you driving time instead :)
But cluster stopped failing. Never failed since. Older car not worth do further repairs.

This vehicle did not have a starting problem. Only all gauges stopped working. Did test with the specific solder bridge points on PCB. But failure came back anyway.

Not sure it will help you on this model though. Need to check wiring diagram, to see the hole circuit if this would affect anything.

He have immo problem....passat b6/7/cc don't have immo in cluster like most VAG's. (unless maybe some versions for US market)

Weasel3
1st April, 2018, 10:52 PM
I know that very well. That this vehicle has CCM.
But my point was that a fuse, which always have power ON, can make things more hot than the construction was developed for in the first place.
Since it only a summer problem. But not in the winter, there must be something overheating.
And if this circuit is ON all the time. It is worth checking out.

Punjabi13
4th April, 2018, 05:35 AM
Thanks for all the valuable suggestions, will update you soon after visiting workshop.

Punjabi13
12th April, 2018, 02:22 PM
Hi,

The weather is still not so hot, been rainy from last few days so cant go to service, just need to clarify one thing, if the agecny people cant solve it can I use this method http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/152994-Passat-B6-Steering-column-problems?p=798951&viewfull=1#post798951 . its mentioned you can bypass immo by this. Please advise. Thanks.