PDA

View Full Version : eurovox max red light only

smirnoff_rules
20th August, 2008, 09:31 PM
just got back of holiday and the little ones max isnt working ? turned off by the plug when we went away and turned on the same way . tried to send software but its not havin it .. is there a reset on the board anywhere for these please ?

cheers

Curious123
20th August, 2008, 10:08 PM
I flogged mine last year so cannot confirm but if you remove the case there is supposed to be a grey reset button .

smirnoff_rules
20th August, 2008, 10:24 PM
I flogged mine last year so cannot confirm but if you remove the case there is supposed to be a grey reset button .

yea found that m8 but still stays in standby ..strange . might have to get a j tag thing

Curious123
20th August, 2008, 10:28 PM
yea found that m8 but still stays in standby ..strange . might have to get a j tag thing

Not sure i would bother with the JTAG lark when the dreambox clones are selling at ?40.

smirnoff_rules
20th August, 2008, 11:10 PM
just ordered one for a tenner if it works l have learnt somethin lol .. theres a good box for young kids to use , but saying that they use the dreams fine .,. better than the wife anyway

Curious123
20th August, 2008, 11:16 PM
just ordered one for a tenner if it works l have learnt somethin lol .. theres a good box for young kids to use , but saying that they use the dreams fine .,. better than the wife anyway

A friend dropped off a Technomate 1000 at the weekend to sort out as he was having problems. I messed around with for a few hours trying to figure it out and getting nowhere and than wife comes along ask me what I am doing and than teaches how to use the bleeding box! lol

biffo1
21st August, 2008, 12:39 AM
smirnoff , when u say it isnt working what doo u mean pal , it just stays on stand by , wont come off , and when u have it connected to pc via null modem lead , it keeps saying fail ,sorry just seen this post

satsmo
21st August, 2008, 01:52 AM
Check the C14 capacitor on the PSU board before going the Jtag route. As its stuck in stanby it is sometimes just a faulty cap.

If it is bulging or leaking you need to replace it with a 16V 1000uF cap. You can get them at Maplins Radial Electrolytic Capacitors Maplin
(http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=13472&C=Maplin&U=SearchTop&T=eltrolytic%20capacitor&doy=15m2) part No VH50 at a cost of 50p.

redhound
21st August, 2008, 02:17 AM
normally if its the bootloader the box is totally dead,sounds like the capacitors on the power supply need replacing and remember reading of problems in that area,look for any popping at the tops or underneath though it cannot always be seen.they are only cheap 85 degree things and let the box down a bit,replace at maplins with 105 degree type.

smirnoff_rules
21st August, 2008, 05:14 PM
smirnoff , when u say it isnt working what doo u mean pal , it just stays on stand by , wont come off , and when u have it connected to pc via null modem lead , it keeps saying fail ,sorry just seen this post

Doing the same as that m8

<--smirnoff_rules added 256 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...-->

Check the C14 capacitor on the PSU board before going the Jtag route. As its stuck in stanby it is sometimes just a faulty cap.

If it is bulging or leaking you need to replace it with a 16V 1000uF cap. You can get them at Maplins Radial Electrolytic Capacitors Maplin
(http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=13472&C=Maplin&U=SearchTop&T=eltrolytic%20capacitor&doy=15m2) part No VH50 at a cost of 50p.

they didnt have this one at maplins but said a 1000uf 35v is ok ? part number vh51 . u think there right m8 . just looks alittle bigger

<--smirnoff_rules added 269 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...-->

top post m8 thanks that was it . up and running again

asuk
25th August, 2008, 05:04 PM
:wink:

my girlfriends eurovox had the same problem, stuck in standy mode.
followed instuctions above.... worked excellent. :goodpost:

satsmo
26th August, 2008, 12:14 AM
Good news. Sorry missed the posts. @smirnoff yes a higher voltage cap is fine to use as you have found out.

loncell
21st September, 2008, 12:52 PM

im not much of a spark so is there any chance of a pick as to which is C14 CAP on the PSU that causes the standby light to remain on?.i've jtagged my box and reflashed the intel but its still stuck in standby.

satsmo
21st September, 2008, 11:35 PM
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w241/grav86/c14.jpg

loncell
22nd September, 2008, 10:19 AM
top man thanks for that :) that will no doubt help a few more novices like myself.i just replaced the CAP in question on mine and it boots fine so i reflashed the box and the problem is now i got is a vey low signal.it rapidly bounces from the 1% to the 25% a adjustable booster on or off it.
my max v works fine on the same feed , will there be summut else need replacing now as its acting just like ive no feed going to the box (max v does it with no feed to it 1%-25%) ?.i did jtag the box before i reflashed it if this affects it im not sure.

satsmo
22nd September, 2008, 10:51 PM
What model type is the Max you have just fixed and what firmware revision have you used?

chuckles53
6th October, 2008, 04:05 PM
Replaced the c14 cap with the 16v 1000uf cap but all i get is a quick flash of line on the box screen.The one that came off is a 6.3v cap is it right to replace it with the 16v one. No lights on the box and wont let me download software to the box also nothing on the tv from the box.Can anyone advise please.

chuckles53
6th October, 2008, 04:14 PM
Replaced the c14 cap with the 16v replacement but nothing happend box still not responding just a quick flash line on bootup but thats it nothing on the tv. The one taken of was raised but was a 6.3v one is it right i should be replacing it with a 16v one as stated.I have a eurovox max 2 the blue one,can anyone advise please.Ps no lights on box.

satsmo
7th October, 2008, 11:36 AM
Yes its the right cap to replace it with. Seen your other post, where did you get the box? Have you tried a Jtag? And have you checked the voltages from the PSU?

chuckles53
7th October, 2008, 09:31 PM
Just about to buy the jtag tool,will this let me download the software to the box even though it is dead.Also what is the psu and how do i check this.One other thing what is the boot loader as i was told it could be this or is the jtag to fix this,thanks phil.

chuckles53
7th October, 2008, 09:34 PM
The box is a friends which at first the 3 lights were comeing on now and again but when i changed the c14 cap the box does nothing,is this right.

smirnoff_rules
7th October, 2008, 09:34 PM
l use the jtag tool and was soon as the jtag works l install the software with the serial cable .. l find it works just as good

chuckles53
10th October, 2008, 07:31 PM
WHAT LEAD DO YOU USE TO CONNECT THE JTAG TO THE COMPUTER ALSO WERE DOES IT PLUG INTO IN THE BACK OF THE COMPUTER IS IT THE PRINTER ONE WHICH IS THE SAME CONNECTION,THANKS PHIL.

doyle450
20th December, 2008, 06:54 PM
i had the same problem, replaced the c14 cap and were up a running again, cheers fellas i was looking at an xmas without tv, all the best

gibby2706
8th October, 2009, 05:06 PM
hi sorry to bother you having same problem in regards to this standby button !!!! are you able to fit the vh50 yourself ????

satsmo
8th October, 2009, 05:13 PM
Yes it a simple enough job to desolder and solder the new one back in. But as with all caps make sure to discharge it first, although I doubt many do.

If you do not feel comfortable doing it, bring it to your local electronics/TV repair shop and they will do it for a few quid.

TomTit
8th October, 2009, 07:19 PM
The box is a friends which at first the 3 lights were comeing on now and again but when i changed the c14 cap the box does nothing,is this right.

When you changed this cap, did you put it in the board the correct way, i.e. you will see a white semi circle and the cap with a - sign has to go to the white part cos caps are polarised and you must put the new cap in the way I mentioned.

Kips
8th October, 2009, 09:11 PM
Great info guys, ive just ordered the jtag cable so hopefully that works but if not ill get soldering!