PDA

View Full Version : Landrover Freelander2 mileage calibration

zhuyonglin
10th November, 2009, 02:25 AM
Anybody know how to correct Freelander 2 mileage,the chip in the instrument cluster is 35080,and it's very easy to write new mileage value,but it's will return the original mileage when install,and ignition on.

PremierD
10th November, 2009, 11:11 AM
Anybody know how to correct Freelander 2 mileage,the chip in the instrument cluster is 35080,and it's very easy to write new mileage value,but it's will return the original mileage when install,and ignition on.

Forget it mate .. its stored in the BSI ...or Fords equivilent of it ....At the moment there are few people that can do it ...And the ones who can are Charging ?650:00....well up here they are...And the chnces of it Immobilising itself is about 1 in 3 ... not good odds mate.. So unlees you are really keen (and have a friend in rover ) I would leave well alone...

zhuyonglin
10th November, 2009, 02:14 PM
The master mileage value was stored in the BCM(the chip 25LC320E),and have copied in the IC,PDM,DDM,ECM,RCM,ABS.Now my trouble is how to reset the mileage in the BCM(25LC320E),I read the data,but don't know which adress was mileage value,anybody can help me,thanks

Meat-Head
10th November, 2009, 02:44 PM
read the bcm, drive 20 miles re-read see what has changed

or try reading the speedo milage and look for them milage data in bcm

other wise no diarehha

zhuyonglin
11th November, 2009, 02:08 AM
I supplied the data from the BCM,also have picture and mileage address,please refer the attached files.,But I don't know how to calculator,maybe somebody can help me,thanks

AvechuchoAxel
11th November, 2009, 10:08 AM
I supplied the data from the BCM,also have picture and mileage address,please refer the attached files.,But I don't know how to calculator,maybe somebody can help me,thanks

To let us help, you have to provide the original mileage in order to trace back the readings.

If the original data is lost or unknown... we can do our best guess. Once you have the right hex code for the mileage, is likely possible, but not easy to locate the value on BCM.

This is why I hate work on Land Rovers!!!!!

Cheers!! :bird:

PremierD
11th November, 2009, 01:03 PM
If you are confident that this Is the Milage mate ...(it is heavely encrypted) ..Did you try Putting in FFFFFFFF's or 0000000's at that location....Can't hurt ... But this is not that simple to do ...there is a procedure to follow which involves removing several fuses from the rear and the front
Driving for a bit then replacing them ....As I said mate a Bugger of a job ... I am not familiar with the whole procedure ... but mybe can find out ...

zhuyonglin
12th November, 2009, 06:04 AM
Thanks for everybody,please check the attached files,maybe we can solve the problem together.

zhuyonglin
18th November, 2009, 12:32 PM
Nobody do it before,so I will try it myself.

digikeys
26th October, 2021, 06:50 PM
Hi Mate , Have you manage to correct the mileage of your freelander 2?

Diagcar1
26th October, 2021, 07:10 PM
Hi Mate , Have you manage to correct the mileage of your freelander 2?

12 year old topic, that car is already on a scrapyard.
I think is common knowledge how to do this.