PDA

View Full Version : 2011 caddy no start-blocked by immo

cqae
3rd April, 2018, 04:14 AM
Hi all, Im hoping for some help on a 2011 VW caddy that I am stuck on. Its has a CAYD engine. came to me as a no start-starts & fires, but switches off after a few seconds. Has codes stored in engine ECU saying engine start blocked by immobilizer. P1570. It came from another shop & they had run some auxiliary lights & switches, but I can see any damaged wiring, but they did say the blew some fuses & some had clearly been replaced.

I have tried a new key & also used AVDI to update the immo info in the immo replacement section, which succeeds but still doesn't start. NOt sure if its relevant, but the glow plug light is flashing too. It also has some codes stored relating to the steering angle sensor, but I didnt think these would affect the starting.

Have scolped the CAN lines & they become active when a scan tool tried to talk to it, & seem ok, since there are no CAN codes stored, I didnt think the problem would be there either. Basically I feel the clujster isnt giving the command to start, but I cant prove or disprove this, any ideas anyone?

comizelu
3rd April, 2018, 07:13 AM
Hi all, Im hoping for some help on a 2011 VW caddy that I am stuck on. Its has a CAYD engine. came to me as a no start-starts & fires, but switches off after a few seconds. Has codes stored in engine ECU saying engine start blocked by immobilizer. P1570. It came from another shop & they had run some auxiliary lights & switches, but I can see any damaged wiring, but they did say the blew some fuses & some had clearly been replaced.

I have tried a new key & also used AVDI to update the immo info in the immo replacement section, which succeeds but still doesn't start. NOt sure if its relevant, but the glow plug light is flashing too. It also has some codes stored relating to the steering angle sensor, but I didnt think these would affect the starting.

Have scolped the CAN lines & they become active when a scan tool tried to talk to it, & seem ok, since there are no CAN codes stored, I didnt think the problem would be there either. Basically I feel the clujster isnt giving the command to start, but I cant prove or disprove this, any ideas anyone?What do you mean by " have tried with another key " ??
If the old key is not recognised any more than you have to act like all keys lost,remove dash and put in service mode than program a new key.
I don't have avdi but I think you have to read eep as well to be able to put dash in service mode.

Inviato dal mio HTC One utilizzando Tapatalk

cqae
3rd April, 2018, 08:57 AM
I added a key. Avdi allows you to add a key to the Immo. If an unmatched key is used it will say no key on the cluster. Neither say that. The keys are all matched ok. I feel there is in issue in the way the cluster is talking to the ecu but don’t know how to diagnose it

comizelu
7th April, 2018, 07:09 PM
Have you solved mate?
What was the problem?

Inviato dal mio HTC One utilizzando Tapatalk

cqae
8th April, 2018, 12:40 PM
I haven’t yet. Would still be grateful for some help!

cqae
10th April, 2018, 01:31 AM
A bit of an update here, we swapped and ECU(slightly different part number), cluster & key from another car & it started. So we know the wiring is ok. I then put the original ECU back in & wrote the data from the original dash to the donor dash & it still wouldnt start, but there wasnt an immo fault message on the dash. I'm thinking this proves the ECU to be faulty, what options do I have here?

My ECU repairer cant run this one up, and the matched set is slightly different & wouldnt have all the ABS coding and such correct

its simos pcr 2.1 ecu

cqae
27th April, 2018, 12:21 AM
SO we got to the bottom of this & wanted to post & let you guys know in case it helps anyone. I unlocked & adapted a second hand ECU to the vehicle & it still didn't start. Was getting a little worried here because I thought the ECU was the issue. I didn't think it was the dash cos I've had it start with the original dash using the immo data from the donor set. In the end I used the data from the donor dash & wrote it to the original cluster & adapted the original ECU to this after making a key on the bench & it all started.

Now that i've gotten it sorted, I think the data was corrupted in the original cluster, so when I copied this over to the donor stuff, it was never going to work. Probably went about this the long way, but was good to get it sorted & I learned a lot, I hope this helps someone.