PDA

View Full Version : BMW E90 FRM1-2-3,THE DIFFERENCE

AutoGeek
4th April, 2018, 06:06 PM
Hie DK family. I have a question here for anyone with experience with FRM Module repairs. I have a few that i want to repair and i would like to know if the modules differences are based on the firmware loaded only or there is a hardware difference too? i have looked at a few of them and they all look similar hardware wise,the only difference i have noticed is the labels on the stickers?please help.....

tomvleeuwen
5th April, 2018, 09:47 PM
The FRM2 has a different MCU than the FRM3, but I don't know exactly which type is used in FRM2.
Note that there are many different versions of the FRM3, each type of BMW has its own components placed or not.

ttzag
6th April, 2018, 09:19 AM
most of frm3 dead after battery flat, you can repair it by orange5 or xprog , vvdi prog .....etc .
read ,partition, extract eeprom from dflash ,find a good pflash for your frm number , write it , go.
if you cant find your eeprom ,write a one from another frm , install in the car ,change vin, flash it ,code it , go .

tomvleeuwen
6th April, 2018, 09:10 PM
Why would you program p-flash if you recover the eeprom? I've never had a corrupt p-flash

ttzag
7th April, 2018, 07:25 AM
i always had a corrupted P after battery flat

AutoGeek
7th April, 2018, 03:52 PM
most of frm3 dead after battery flat, you can repair it by orange5 or xprog , vvdi prog .....etc .
read ,partition, extract eeprom from dflash ,find a good pflash for your frm number , write it , go.
if you cant find your eeprom ,write a one from another frm , install in the car ,change vin, flash it ,code it , go .

Thanks for all the responses guys. so if i upload pics of my different FRM modules,can anyone here supply me with the right files for each module?thanks in advance.