PDA

View Full Version : need help for the new dsi

rileyb
10th November, 2009, 02:43 PM
this is my first post.just got 2 new dsi consoles for the kids xmas.they had the older machine and had tt card for them which i could put games on them.so im not a novice at this the problem is i got the new tti cards for the new dsi but they will not work someone said u have to down grade the dsi machine software but dont want to mess with the dsi machine as they are brand new. is there any other cards that will do the job.thanks for any help

pjtaff
10th November, 2009, 08:26 PM
i just done a r4i for the dsi and worked a treat you dont have to touch the dsi as far as i know
was you using the correct firmware for the tti

only difference you do with a r4i compared to a standard r4 is you do not create a folderfor the games you just put them straight to the root of the card

have you tried putting it into youtube to see if there are any tutorials on there for the tti
im sure it is just a problem with the way you have set up the card rather than the dsi

rileyb
11th November, 2009, 02:58 PM
thank's pjtaff
iv looked into youtube about the tti cards like u said sounds like the r4i card is the better one thanks again for ur help

worcestersauce
11th November, 2009, 08:08 PM
Whilst on this subject good people..........My kids use a R4 card in the old style DS and was looking to buy the new ds (the one with the built in camera) and was wondering if the R4 card they use now will work straight away, or do I need to do some tinkering????

Any help much appreciated:bird:

pjtaff
11th November, 2009, 08:45 PM
Whilst on this subject good people..........My kids use a R4 card in the old style DS and was looking to buy the new ds (the one with the built in camera) and was wondering if the R4 card they use now will work straight away, or do I need to do some tinkering????

Any help much appreciated:bird:
no m8 the r4 you have will not work in a new dsi (the one with a camera)
you will need a r4i
i get mine from www.r4gift.com,cheapset price,same day post in uk. (http://www.r4gift.com) they are about ?25 for the r4i and a 4gb card that should be enough space for about 60 to 90 games
its up to you where you get your r4i from but the site i use i have never had a prob with

hope this helps
taf
:sheep::sheep:

worcestersauce
12th November, 2009, 09:06 AM
Thanks for that taf..........

Perhaps you know then, is there anything I need to put on the r4i card at first (I remember putting some sort of file on the R4 cards before the games to make them work)
I'm guessing you must download some file or other first,before putting games on it ???

Cheers in advance:ciao:

pjtaff
12th November, 2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks for that taf..........

Perhaps you know then, is there anything I need to put on the r4i card at first (I remember putting some sort of file on the R4 cards before the games to make them work)
I'm guessing you must download some file or other first,before putting games on it ???

Cheers in advance:ciao:
yes m8 just download this firmware
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Firmware 1.09b (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/ds/21/firmware-1-09b-847/)

extract the file(i think its a rar file)
put all the files onto the root of your sd card then copy all of the games you want onto the root of the sd card

but making sure you do not totaly fil up the card just about three quarters full should do it cause you need to leave space for the save files that the dsi uses to keep you on the same leval in the game

hope this helps if so hit the thanks button

:sheep::sheep:
taf

mickydibble
12th November, 2009, 10:07 PM
While your at it get moonshell for your card!! From. Gbatemp.net. Then go here for christmas movies http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f64/dpg-movies-65987/ seen as they are for Christmas :)

davidlang41
12th November, 2009, 10:37 PM
i have the tti card in my dsi it works fine but i just read that if you have updated to version 1.4 then nintendo is trying to put a block on using cards for ds and dsi there is a file that you put on your card and it will work ive not updated to 1.4 yet i still have 1.3 you tube have a video for it m8

smoggie
12th November, 2009, 10:52 PM
think you are better off getting the acekard-2i card as they are more likely to accept a software update if nintendo changes the firmware again. older R4i cards had to be changed for the new r4i cards if you had updated dsi to firmware 1.4.

davidlang41
12th November, 2009, 10:54 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f64/dsi-nintendo-software-v1-4e-63511/

try this m8

worcestersauce
13th November, 2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks taf, you're a star:five:

worcestersauce
1st December, 2009, 12:10 PM
This r4i card is doiung my head in (taff help if you can mate) the link for the firmware above wont work for me and I found the firmware somewhere else on the net but when I try to drop anything onto the r41 card the computer keeps asking if i want to format the disc????? then if it try to it says it cant do it properly for some reason or other, so basically nothing will go onto the card. I got this card for a friend and they been waiting a week now for it..........have i ballseed it up???

HELP:banghead:

pjtaff
7th December, 2009, 08:37 PM
This r4i card is doiung my head in (taff help if you can mate) the link for the firmware above wont work for me and I found the firmware somewhere else on the net but when I try to drop anything onto the r41 card the computer keeps asking if i want to format the disc????? then if it try to it says it cant do it properly for some reason or other, so basically nothing will go onto the card. I got this card for a friend and they been waiting a week now for it..........have i ballseed it up???

HELP:banghead:
have you tried a different sd card might just be a dodgy sd card other than that dont really know i have never had this problem b4 usually i just format the card to fat32 then just drag and drop the files

hayz1981
9th December, 2009, 04:23 PM
im having big probs too, got the new navy dsi and the new r4i thats suppossed to work on it (the new 1.4v) and i have tried every kernel/software i can find and all it ever says is menu?

Anyone know what the problem is?

worcestersauce
10th December, 2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks again pjtaff...........sorted now mate, the sd card was faulty and had to send it back..........awaiting the replacement and will start all over again :giveup:

hayz1981
10th December, 2009, 11:47 PM
Sorted it out now:wink: