PDA

View Full Version : help Astra 1.7dti big problem driveing me mental

cureacar
10th November, 2009, 05:06 PM
OK story is the guy is driving along suddenly it stalls now sometimes it starts some times it don't so he brings to me and i do diagnostics here is what i found

V30 Diagnosis Report Autoboss
Time:2009-11-10 15:51:18

Fault code(s) report

Fault code Description
------------------------------------------------------------

P0251-8 Spill Value Malfunction (Injection Pump)
P0380-A Glow Device General Error

ok then i have a little read then find out its down to the ecu the man who owns the car try loads of different ecus spends a fair few bob on it then he buys 1 from ebay (car has been lead up for a while due to funding )

he plugs in and it starts fine trouble now he get a horrible harsh noise from engine at about 2500 revs sounds like its over advancing or somthink so now its back in my workshop i do another diagnostics hear is report

Time:2009-11-10 15:51:18

Fault code(s) report

Fault code Description
------------------------------------------------------------
P0110-1 Intake Air Temperature Voltage High
P0251-8 Spill Value Malfunction (Injection Pump)
P0335-4 No Engine RPM Signal
P0100-2 Mass Air Flow Sensor Voltage Low
P1122-2 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 Voltage Low
P1635-2 5V Reference #2 Circuit
P0105-2 Boost Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Input

i clear them and take for a drive plugin and get this report

Fault code(s) report

Fault code Description
--------------------------------------

still getting horrible noise my trouble is the guy is also a mechanic and he prob been poking his fingers in everything

INFO ABOUT CAR :
Vauxhall Astra
1.7 dti
Isuzu engine
x reg

please help me i need to get this bloody thing out

thanks for your help in advance

bigboots
10th November, 2009, 06:27 PM
hi ther the 1st is needs new glow plugs. not working properly
And second is crankshaft sensor.
hope this helps

Meat-Head
10th November, 2009, 06:59 PM
hi ther the 1st is needs new glow plugs. not working properly
And second is crankshaft sensor.
hope this helps

i agree with above poster the glow worms are in banks of two, if you look at the glowworm relay you can work out the inputs and outputs, use somebody elses ampmeter and check the currant draw is equal on both banks

yes bang a crack sensor init.

I'm getting confused lately, but top intercooler hose, check if it has split, and loosing boost, new pipe something daft like ?17+ vat

don't know, don't care.

Printer1
10th November, 2009, 09:19 PM
Hi

Your cutting out / P0251-8 Spill Value Malfunction (Injection Pump)
problem will be down to the High Voltage ECU which is bolted to the Injector pump down the back of the engine, you may be able to repair it if you are good with a soldering iron

Remove the ECU from the pump, prize off the back & look for dry / broken solder joints ( look for dirt running down from joints ) from memory you normally get about 6 or 7, resolder these reseal back & refit.

If it still cuts out you can get them from ebay ?200 ish new from vauxhall ?680 good luck

P0380-A Glow Device General Error could be just a random fault but it will not cause cutting out

on vauxhall this fault code comes up all the time if you scan with the engine not running, if you start the engine this fault will no longer exist.

karim5492
10th November, 2009, 09:24 PM
also check the wire on the ecu on top of engine i had one with green inside the ecu wire

obdmaster
10th November, 2009, 09:38 PM
i SAY spill valve ecu at back of engine, Remove back cover siliconed on carefully cut seal remove rear cover and re-solder all dodgy connections (dont worry there quite large connections). Reseal refit jobs a good one. hope this works it does for me..:dancing2:

smirnoff_rules
10th November, 2009, 10:40 PM
i SAY spill valve ecu at back of engine, Remove back cover siliconed on carefully cut seal remove rear cover and re-solder all dodgy connections (dont worry there quite large connections). Reseal refit jobs a good one. hope this works it does for me..:dancing2:

l agree m8 had a few of these with the same fault http://www.cqout.com/getimg.asp?id=890106

its normally the joint right in the middle of the board

theres another thread on this on this forum somewhere with pictures of the board

Meat-Head
10th November, 2009, 10:55 PM
l
its normally the joint right in the middle of the boarD

It is the one that is laughing at you.

cureacar
11th November, 2009, 08:58 AM
thank you very much will have a look at this soon ill let you know how i get on thanks again

Meat-Head
11th November, 2009, 09:01 AM
at least your thread go more results than my dead metro thread!:cobblers:

bikemania
12th November, 2009, 10:17 AM
it is the unit posted above get it sorted as quick as possible as when it does fail ur car wont start at all as wot happened to me got stranded middle of nowhere

Ashraf6119
13th November, 2009, 09:11 PM
Hi

The above picture is the same ECU as yours see those RED MARKS are thats where are the dry joints you need to resolder them nicely and hope fully it will sort your porblems..

Hope This Helps

Ash

badrick
20th November, 2009, 02:05 AM
i had same problem with my astra 1.7dti y reg (2001) about 3 years ago and now i think i have the same problem again was cutting out now non start, last time it cost me ?423 to have a recon edu fitted, then google and found out that it was probably just dry joints, being a tv engineer i was a bit piss to have paid all that money when i could have fixed it my self, so think this will be the first thing im checking in the morning!

zebbon
20th November, 2009, 08:27 AM
Useful article
Y17DT / Y17DTL Pumpen - Steuerger?t Reparatur (NEU) (http://www.mrserv.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=33)

cureacar
20th November, 2009, 11:21 AM
OK thank you to every one it turned out the owner was lieing about buying a new ecu he was hoping i would find something stupid to be wrong so i have striped the box and i see the problems i have now repaired and runs like a dream thanks again

badrick
20th November, 2009, 03:34 PM
i had same problem with my astra 1.7dti y reg (2001) about 3 years ago and now i think i have the same problem again was cutting out now non start, last time it cost me ?423 to have a recon edu fitted, then google and found out that it was probably just dry joints, being a tv engineer i was a bit piss to have paid all that money when i could have fixed it my self, so think this will be the first thing im checking in the morning!

took out edu this morning opened it up and it had a dry joint on one of the pins reflow all suspect pins seal it back up dropped it back in and running sweet as a nut first time! and im not down ?420:beer:
this was a unit that had already been recon so only lasted 3 years!.

Ashraf6119
21st November, 2009, 02:32 AM
Hi Guys

Please dont forget to press Thanks for us

Ash

asliyucegsm
21st November, 2009, 11:41 AM
thank you zebbon
very good

leighm
22nd November, 2009, 08:58 PM
had the same problem with an tdi 1.7 astra sportive van cut out some times it would start another time had to wait an hour had it on the diognostic kit no faults found phone county diesel in leicester told me streight away over the phone ecu back of the engine i let them do it about ?200 job done then i went and wrote the bloody thing off anyway county diesel on

cureacar
23rd November, 2009, 12:17 PM
i would just like to say thank you to everyone who helped me with my problem since then i have fixed 2 more with the same problem this site rocks i have learned a lot since using this site more than at collage or any course i have been on :) thanks alot

Meat-Head
23rd November, 2009, 08:12 PM
i would just like to say thank you to everyone who helped me with my problem since then i have fixed 2 more with the same problem this site rocks i have learned a lot since using this site more than at collage or any course i have been on :) thanks alot

Yeah, i'm addicted to this site, much better and cheaper than drugs

Dailymotion - The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work - une vid?o Musique (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14jfd_the-verve-the-drugs-dont-work_music)

AND it's FREE but you can donate (will do one day)

cureacar
24th November, 2009, 10:28 AM
Yeah, i'm addicted to this site, much better and cheaper than drugs

Dailymotion - The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work - une vid?o Musique (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14jfd_the-verve-the-drugs-dont-work_music)

AND it's FREE but you can donate (will do one day)

meat head your are one random MOFO haha and thanks

Meat-Head
24th November, 2009, 02:38 PM
meat head your are one random MOFO haha and thanks

"MOFO" Tracy Barlow is a 'MILF' though

Look i work at Meat-Head Motors, the best place this side of easten europe and suronding countries, it's nice to have fun, when not at work, and yes i really have said "we've got your money, now ~~~~ off" to jo public.

projectm
5th July, 2010, 04:49 PM
my van just cut out just turns over and doesnt fire up i hope its the edu

jimdollar
2nd February, 2011, 02:39 PM
Sometimes you can test if its a faulty unit by getting someone to crank engine while you give it a smallish tap with something, often it will start up, proving a faulty unit, BBA-Reman do rebuilds on them and they are meant to be better than new, must be some mod they do to them.:ciao: