PDA

View Full Version : Job section wanted mr devilfish

pob639
10th November, 2009, 06:08 PM
How about a job section for members to look and advertise job with some sub section for paye jobs and subcontract job as i think a section like this on dk will help members help each other find jobs and get to know what other members do for a living.

Im a jib electrician and looking for a job either paye or subcontract in west midlands if anyone knows to anything going or got a job

.: JaCkPoT :.
10th November, 2009, 09:27 PM
This is a digital-forum and i dont think this is something we could have. Sorry mate but its a No from me, lets see what the others say. thanks for the Suggestion anyway.

opsmonkey
11th November, 2009, 12:42 AM
i'll agree with JP here.. first and foremost its a digital forum.. if you want to find a job try the well established job sites..

most people on this forum are here for digital reasons.. eg, firmware for cable / sat boxes, music files, software, games console help..

i wouldn't come here looking for a chippy to make some doors for my extention.. I'd use the yellow pages

cgscott
11th November, 2009, 01:18 AM
i'll agree with JP here.. first and foremost its a digital forum.. if you want to find a job try the well established job sites..

most people on this forum are here for digital reasons.. eg, firmware for cable / sat boxes, music files, software, games console help..

i wouldn't come here looking for a chippy to make some doors for my extention.. I'd use the yellow pages

What about a link to the Armed forces website? Maybe get them to sponsor the site.

We are always looking for recruits.

opsmonkey
11th November, 2009, 01:46 AM
your such a joker ;)

i dont want my employers hanging around my fave site thanks..!

cgscott
11th November, 2009, 03:02 AM
your such a joker ;)

i dont want my employers hanging around my fave site thanks..!

:sheep: :guns:

Devilfish
13th November, 2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestions...keep them coming...

But I don't think a job section is fitting for the site.

DW190
16th November, 2009, 10:37 PM

I dont think a Recipe section is fitting for a Digital site but there is one.

patkins
7th December, 2009, 01:14 PM

Knitting patterns.....Anyone?

daithi
8th December, 2009, 10:51 PM
a car section isnt digatal related either
but i wouldnt disagree to one either it would help people in need in these hard times
dont see why anyone should complain about that
if ya can help a guy get free tv why not help him get some employment

or if not a jobs section a kind of social welfare section or something similar
where people can get advice on numerous things
like after loosing there job needing financial assistance etc etc
because going to government sites can be a nightmare and not half as informative as peeps on this site

.: JaCkPoT :.
9th December, 2009, 01:07 AM
I never found the recipe section fitting for the forum, will not hide the truth, but the garage is very fitting. Think about how much of a car now is electronic And digital?
O holy sh't no! My stereo wont turn on.
In instances like that digital headed advice is extremely fitting.
:)

firestorm
9th December, 2009, 01:34 AM
the problem i could see about a job section is
we all have screen names not our real name for one reason to keep our identy secret because no one want virmin knocking on your door saying "you know that post you made about free cable tv"
If we were to have a job section you would have to give your real name and address to you prospetive employer at some time

dctyper
9th December, 2009, 09:50 AM
the problem i could see about a job section is
we all have screen names not our real name for one reason to keep our identy secret because no one want virmin knocking on your door saying "you know that post you made about free cable tv"
If we were to have a job section you would have to give your real name and address to you prospetive employer at some time

like they dont know your ip address lol

got to be fair on the site me thinks.

sections that are non digital: sport, ufo's, news, automotive section(except ecu and radio issue)dicount codes, freebies, bargain bucket.

so, what was the reason for not having a job section? i think people are sooo negetive some time times.

the only reason we shouldnt have one, when we really think about it is, unwanted attention from people googling jobs. but if you keep it to; "i need someone to fit a window" "is there a window fitter here?"

i dont see a problem

dc

firestorm
9th December, 2009, 02:21 PM
like they dont know your ip address lol

got to be fair on the site me thinks.

sections that are non digital: sport, ufo's, news, automotive section(except ecu and radio issue)dicount codes, freebies, bargain bucket.

so, what was the reason for not having a job section? i think people are sooo negetive some time times.

the only reason we shouldnt have one, when we really think about it is, unwanted attention from people googling jobs. but if you keep it to; "i need someone to fit a window" "is there a window fitter here?"

i dont see a problem

dc
me not stupid i only use a pay as you go dongle on sites like this:)