PDA

View Full Version : Help and advice for Satellite

prognosis
21st August, 2008, 02:12 PM
I have a dbox2 running virgin media lite on cable with evocamd, and I have a family member who is currently paying a fortune for Sky (nothing new there then!) and was wondering if he buys a dbox2 could he use that for satellite?
is there any guides for this?
thanks

Curious123
21st August, 2008, 03:01 PM
Don't know anything about dbox2 but your family member needs to forget about S*y and get himself a 1m motroised dish and a dreambox DM500 and he should be able to get about 3000 - 5000 channels on dreambox of which some are even better than anything provided by S*y.

arabeman14
21st August, 2008, 06:50 PM
I have a dbox2 running virgin media lite on cable with evocamd, and I have a family member who is currently paying a fortune for Sky (nothing new there then!) and was wondering if he buys a dbox2 could he use that for satellite?
is there any guides for this?
thanks

If you wana buy a dbox2, then you have to buy it designed for the sat system ( dvb-s tuner).

ps: I don't know anything about Sky

.: JaCkPoT :.
21st August, 2008, 08:19 PM
he could by a cable receiver for the encrypted sky channels to experiment with and also buy a satellite receiver and get a motorized dish. sounds expensive but one or the other will do. i have both as i just persuade my dad to buy it but thankfully he himself wanted it and it has payed off so far since unsubbing fro sky. only thing left now to pay off for is the eurovox. but what id do is get cable if you want to watch sky channels but if you want something new to investigate sats would be the way(motorised of course).

Curious123
21st August, 2008, 11:00 PM
What I have found is that people who are on Sky are only Sky because they are unable to get cable in their area. If they could get cable then they would swap over to cable in an instance.