PDA

View Full Version : Benz W204 ESL replacement

blesaidoss
10th April, 2018, 11:09 AM
Hi guys

I contemplating repairing Benz steering lock, the steering does not unlock when key inserted, neither does the dash light when I turn the key.

I do not have programming equipment for this car and was considering buying a new ESL and transfer the electronic module to the new ESL. I’m doubting this will work hence I’m asking if this will work and if not let me know the easy way out.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shafo
10th April, 2018, 05:49 PM
You could possibly buy a new one and swop the board but it's risky and you can waste some Rands... easiest way out here is to just fit an emulator and get rid of the esl ... obviously you need tools to do this... I'm in SA .. I'll just need your eis and I could help you

blesaidoss
13th April, 2018, 10:41 AM
You could possibly buy a new one and swop the board but it's risky and you can waste some Rands... easiest way out here is to just fit an emulator and get rid of the esl ... obviously you need tools to do this... I'm in SA .. I'll just need your eis and I could help you

Please PM your contacts details.

blesaidoss
17th April, 2018, 08:46 PM
Please PM your contacts details.

Finally managed to fix the problem, a friend with Simon touch tested the EIS and ESL and found out that the motor had failed. I managed to replace the ESL motor and car started. Thanks

Frankcar
1st May, 2018, 01:09 PM
Hi friends , Someone knows the difference TheLegend Emulator and SimonTouch Emulator ?

Thanks