PDA

View Full Version : VW EOS map file problem [novice alert]

dtr
11th April, 2018, 10:48 AM
Hi,

I have tried to read out the map of my VW EOS 2.0 TDI BMM EDC16U34 ecu but it produced a strange result:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GYPoJEZCpNvrlVbw2FCCMGyanRVcS1xQ/view?usp=sharing

File is a bit small (1.3MB vs 2MB) and maps don't load properly into the programs, no checksums found, etc. Is this some sort of encrypted or protected file (been mapped by Quantum - badly - in the past then restored to "original" by another company) or simply corrupt?

The read out procedure with KESS was very strange - out of my head it required clicking through some screens before it allowed reading and many times of switching on and off the ignition switch. After 30min this was what I got. I really need this done to deal with the DPF problems.

I had absolutely no trouble reading 2009 Passat CBAB (only in case VW ever installs their dreaded emissions update). It only took around 7-8min and was more straightforward.

Thank you in advance.

ohkarol
11th April, 2018, 11:14 AM
wrong read
try choose edc16u1 in kess even it is u34

dtr
11th April, 2018, 11:29 AM
I thought so...

The EOS / BMM engine is only listed as u34 option in KESS. Do I need to select a different car like some GOLF V 2.0TDI (BKD)?

Also to double check it can't do any damage if I'm only reading at this point?

ohkarol
11th April, 2018, 11:31 AM
choose another vw car and and u1 ecu, you will not damage anything

sdtsedat
11th April, 2018, 11:41 AM
Make backup read with fgtech or mpps

I use cmd for vag and no problems.
1time i brick ecu edc16u34 with kess..

And recover with cmd

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

dtr
13th April, 2018, 02:46 PM
I finally managed to get a good readout with KESS.

I had to ignore any instructions to go through "Specials" menu, and then ignore "unknown ecu" message.

I will now start with editing. If I get stuck (likely) will ask for help.

The main question now is should I trust KESS with writing the file back?! I don't have any other tools.

ohkarol
13th April, 2018, 03:13 PM
yes , just keep battery voltage steady

dtr
15th April, 2018, 10:37 PM
I have made a couple of edits - https://mega.nz/#!i9Un3DTa!XmTPIcF_fTHLdacTrMGGAZU7qEuTc5nyna8jO9J _p50

I would be grateful if someone could have a quick look at the file please.

I was trying to delete DPF - so I searched for 32767, 32768 and zeroed 00256.
Then I hope I found the 2 X EGR / Temperature vs RPM maps correctly to make a dynamic EGR mod as pictured. I.e. I want EGR off when the car reaches operating temperature.
Does it make sense? Did I miss anything?

I521471

I also tried ECUSAFE only for DPF (included in the link). It produced something entirely different. I read it is not very reliable, but I wonder if any of its mods should be adapted to mine?

Thank you.

sdtsedat
16th April, 2018, 01:36 PM
this is enough, dpf off and switches off
No pass - no checksum

Let make your tool the checksum!!

Regards,

dtr
18th April, 2018, 03:21 AM
Hi,

I am very curious what the extra changes in your file do if that's OK to ask?

Also was my proposed EGR modification not valid? The plan is to switch off EGR but only when the engine is fully warmed up. (ref: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=305248 )

Thank you.

this is enough, dpf off and switches off
No pass - no checksum

Let make your tool the checksum!!

Regards,