PDA

View Full Version : Ho to remap my ECU ?

paskuale
11th November, 2009, 12:42 AM
Hi to all friend,
I've read the file of my ECU (Bosch EDC16U1) of my car Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDi (PDE 140cv). I've a lot of software (ECM+driver, WinOLS, ecc).
How i do to change the parameter of map ?
What maps I must change ?
How do I know right and the maximum possible increases ?
I've read my file with ECM2001 6.2 with the right driver.
In a free word what is the right way to change the turbo pressure, injection maps, torque limiter, etc ?
I would like to study and understand how to remap my car.
Best Regards :)
Pasquale

kptuning
11th November, 2009, 09:46 AM
There is no easy way to do this. If you like a good remap, get a pro to do it :) Then you can look at what he/(she?) have done with your cracked sw. I have tuned cars for some years, but still buy my remaps from a pro. Much easier, and always a good result.

paskuale
11th November, 2009, 01:59 PM
Yes, you're right.
But I'd like to learn, I like electronic and engine and for this I would like to learn and study, but there seems no way to learn. I know well how it's done and how work an engine, and I study electronical engineering at university. I hope that someone can at least give me help and direct me to the way forward.

oldford
11th November, 2009, 07:59 PM
Hope you know what you're doing. Otherwise it might be foggy very locally (behind your car) or you end up with a blown turbo or engine.

del635
11th November, 2009, 08:41 PM
Just use vagcom to log and understand and be methodical with your changes, burning more fuel = more torque, so a: you must inject more, b: you must get it in early enough for all to burn (advance or higher presure for atomize) and c: you must increase air to clean the burn (boost) d: keep everything under control by the ecu eg more fuel = turbo 'spikes'. Look around owners clubs to see what max turbo pressure others run reliably and fit egt gauge to make sure nothing will melt. Short of writing a book that is the best info you will need.

paskuale
11th November, 2009, 11:25 PM
Just use vagcom to log and understand and be methodical with your changes, burning more fuel = more torque, so a: you must inject more, b: you must get it in early enough for all to burn (advance or higher presure for atomize) and c: you must increase air to clean the burn (boost) d: keep everything under control by the ecu eg more fuel = turbo 'spikes'. Look around owners clubs to see what max turbo pressure others run reliably and fit egt gauge to make sure nothing will melt. Short of writing a book that is the best info you will need.
Thanks a lot for this info :)
How work the torque limiter ?
What's turbo spikes ?
I don't understand this sentence:

Short of writing a book that is the best info you will need