PDA

View Full Version : Additive level too low

kophiphi
13th April, 2018, 07:58 PM
Hi there,

There's a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 2008. 1.6HDI. EDC16C34

Fap filter is off from ECU 2 years ago. Additive Ecu is off from BSI. Nowdays after starting the car the dashbord shows: Additive level too low. But there is not fault code in the BSI and motor ecu.

I tried to reset the level of the additive with diag box but still writes this : additive level too low. I removed the connector from the tank of the additive. The additive level ecu is not in the BSI at the working computers.

Question: What sends this fault? The BSI or the motor ECU?

Many thanks!!!

jozoku1
13th April, 2018, 08:38 PM
If the additive tank has a float try to fill it with diesel.
BR

rafal
13th April, 2018, 08:51 PM
BSI

teerak2uk
13th April, 2018, 08:53 PM
Hi there,

There's a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 2008. 1.6HDI. EDC16C34

Fap filter is off from ECU 2 years ago. Additive Ecu is off from BSI. Nowdays after starting the car the dashbord shows: Additive level too low. But there is not fault code in the BSI and motor ecu.

I tried to reset the level of the additive with diag box but still writes this : additive level too low. I removed the connector from the tank of the additive. The additive level ecu is not in the BSI at the working computers.

Many thanks!!!Have you reset both counters?

kophiphi
14th April, 2018, 09:54 PM
Hi Everybody,

I took off the additive tank, filled with diesel. Turned on in the BSI, set the amount of 2 litre, and set that I changed the tank. Additive ecu writes, the additive tank is on 100%, 2L. Everything's o.k.

But after starting the motor, the dash still shows: additive level too low. What should I still do?
The low leve of the diesel in the tank can cause this failure? I have to tank minimum 20L diesel?

Thanks Friends!!!

F