PDA

View Full Version : Sharing downloads

calvin plummer
11th November, 2009, 12:02 PM
I recently purchased the slim (mostly I gave into my need to play Disgaea once more - curse those prinnys for being so cute) - and I also downloaded a couple of games wipeout (man thats close to being as good as fzero) and nobynoby boy and it struck me thats whats to stop you sharing your login details with a friend and swapping downloaded games?

I've looked for a thread about this but couldn't find one, if anybody is interested in trading give me a nudge.

Oh and am I the only one that thinks COD isn't a patch on fallout?

dazza78
13th November, 2009, 12:25 PM
I recently purchased the slim (mostly I gave into my need to play Disgaea once more - curse those prinnys for being so cute) - and I also downloaded a couple of games wipeout (man thats close to being as good as fzero) and nobynoby boy and it struck me thats whats to stop you sharing your login details with a friend and swapping downloaded games?

I've looked for a thread about this but couldn't find one, if anybody is interested in trading give me a nudge.

Oh and am I the only one that thinks COD isn't a patch on fallout?

you can do it easily m8, ive done it with a few of my m8's , you can have up to five downloads ,

hence you can share or swap downloads with upto five friends , needs to be trusted friends though as they need your password the 1st time round

dazza
:devil:

Raven
13th November, 2009, 01:28 PM
When I last had a PS3 I used a different PSN account, the only PSN game I bought was Siren which for me wasn't that great in the end, but now with my current PS3 I've bought quite a few PSN games including Street Fighter HD, Prince Of Persia HD, Wipeout HD and Warhawk etc - now if I were to log into my old PSN account and redownload Siren would I be able to transfer the rights and play it on my current PSN account ? The only reason I haven't tried it yet is because it's a big download but it would be nice to be able to play all the games I've ever bought on my current account lol.

dik
13th November, 2009, 05:19 PM
When I last had a PS3 I used a different PSN account, the only PSN game I bought was Siren which for me wasn't that great in the end, but now with my current PS3 I've bought quite a few PSN games including Street Fighter HD, Prince Of Persia HD, Wipeout HD and Warhawk etc - now if I were to log into my old PSN account and redownload Siren would I be able to transfer the rights and play it on my current PSN account ? The only reason I haven't tried it yet is because it's a big download but it would be nice to be able to play all the games I've ever bought on my current account lol.
Yes m8 should be no problem as long as you can remember your log on details, just go to psn store view your downloads and re download it

Raven
13th November, 2009, 05:50 PM
Oh I'm alright there lol, I just meant once it's down on the XMB....because I'm sure the rights to the game are tied to your PSN account....I suppose I could double this question and ask about if games can be transferred from one PS3 user logon to another if there's more than 1 username on a single PS3 ? I haven't tried these things yet obviously, but it's worth asking the question just in case someone's already looked under that rock... and it'll save me a big download! :)

dik
13th November, 2009, 08:06 PM
Any user on your playstation can use any game downloaded to it m8, I have used my friends psn log on to re download games he has purchased and both my psn accounts are able to play them along with my misses account, he has done the same with games I purchased, so can't see a problem

Raven
13th November, 2009, 09:22 PM
Nice one m8, cheers for the info. :)

flipdip
14th November, 2009, 05:12 PM
Can you do this with anything downloaded

barama28
26th November, 2009, 03:59 AM
Hello everyone, I have recently bought a new Playstation 3 and I usually download games directly from playstation store online by paying for it. I only have 60gb internal hard drive space to store this games. So I just wanted to know how to backup playstation 3 games on my computer or an external hard drive? Anybody has any tips that can share with me? Thank you

^_^ ps3 game downloads (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com) ^_^ ps3 downloads (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com) ^_^

Raven
26th November, 2009, 05:56 PM
All you need to know is you really should be backing up to an external drive, if you're going to bother doing it at all that is I wouldn't ~~~~ about with nigh on 10 dvd discs lol....so back up to a USB hard drive external, make sure you have more than enough space to accommodate the backup obviously, and make sure you format that drive as a FAT32 - not exFAT or NTFS, but FAT32 only since that's the only format the PS3 reads. Other than that there's options for both full backup and full restore in the PS3 system settings menu - obviously you'll want full backup. This is inclusive of everything except system firmware I think but you can get that from the internet off the officialy Playstation site and you'll still be okay....good news is the backup as well as restore only takes about 45 mins each on a drive your size lol - I thought it'd take a lot longer but nope. My 40gb only took about 30 mins for both processes. Simple stuff really, just make sure your drive is FAT32 and if it isn't then make it so - which can be a bit of a pain on Windows - but that's all you need to know really.