PDA

View Full Version : how to format my dreambox and put my shared files back ??

ahmad_3ssaf
21st August, 2008, 07:55 PM
hey all i have a DM500S and i want to flash or format my dreambox and put back the share files i have in it .. how this can be done and is there any preferable image to download as a new one ?

<--ahmad_3ssaf added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...-->

btw my mac address give me motorolla does this mean it is clone ?

Devilfish
21st August, 2008, 08:09 PM
When you say 'share files' do you mean the config files which allow you to cardshare?

If yes, then copy the /var/keys folder to your PC for safe keeping. Flash whichever image you want then copy back the /var/keys files. The new image will also need to have the proper emu installed for your server, i.e. gbox or cccamd. The emu can usually be installed via one of the cloloured buttons using the addons server.

I would suggest the nabilosat image.

ahmad_3ssaf
21st August, 2008, 08:14 PM
thxx man appreciate ur help but concerning the emus for the nabilosat image what is the best one and how can i configure it with the server or just copying the keys will do the job ?

Curious123
21st August, 2008, 11:06 PM
If you understand what devilfish is talking about than you will need to backup/copy var/keys, var/scce and var/etc . The etc folder contains your Cccam.cfg i.e config file for card share but if you have cardshare than you would already know that you need to backup your CCCam.cfg file. I use the Cccam 2.0.9 emu/cam and it works fine for me.

Devilfish
21st August, 2008, 11:22 PM
The owner of the server should be able to answer all your questions.

aftermath
22nd August, 2008, 10:25 AM
if it goes tits up m8, and you lose your saved files , or dont know how to ftp them back to your box.

Just download CCcam 2.0.9 from the server, i think its the yellow button.

then send the CCcam.cfg to your client, he/she should add the Cline and Fline for you, then just put it back where it belongs.

There is an add on called CCcam Client , download that too, it tells you his connected or disconnected to you.

dandanthegardeningman
9th August, 2010, 08:36 PM
hi dev il fish how do you get into your dream box to copy files ?newbie all help appreiciated

cgscott
9th August, 2010, 08:37 PM
FTP it. read the stickies on how to. They are the threads in red.

Bulld0g
9th August, 2010, 08:40 PM
hi dev il fish how do you get into your dream box to copy files ?newbie all help appreiciated

You can use an ftp client. type in the ip address and user name and password
usually root\dreambox then you will be inside the box