PDA

View Full Version : BMW EWS 4 Clone?

geeroam
18th April, 2018, 08:35 AM
Hi Guys need some advice please I am helping a friend out who is very far away. This is the story he has, had a customers vehicle in his workshop BMW Z4. He lost customers keys seeked the assistance of Locksmith locksmith made key car cranked few times but no start then no crank at all. Then Customer brought spare key and no crank. Then you could not reach the EWS with Diagnostic. Locksmith refered client elsewhere who then gave customer big quote to repair ecu. ECU and ews ended up by me.

What i See
1.) Someone worked on EWS4 and attempted to BDM Read ECU all the BDM (ECU MSV70) points had solder on even ones that are not used durring BDM read.
2.) Ews4 smd cap had one side contacts burnt off, someone had worked on box using too much heat (bottom solder on board melted and started to drip.)
3.) I Cant read EWS with xprog or R270.
Locksmith supplied me with original EWS dumps

Im Considering the following

1.)I have donor EWS i can change vin and isn and code chip
2.)I write back their dump to donor box (I have heard this doesnt always work) Then their spare key will still work
3.) option 2 and 3rd option where i change isn vin in EWS3 box and code chip incase option 2 dont work.

Any thoughts?

kiszka
18th April, 2018, 09:52 AM

geeroam
19th April, 2018, 11:44 AM
Here are the Dumps, would be cool if i could write his original dump to new ews and he could use old key i have read that it doesnt work.

kiszka
19th April, 2018, 03:53 PM

PixelsFixed
22nd April, 2018, 09:27 PM
I've overwritten EWS 3 eeproms on to donor modules often with no problem.

I'd expect Z4 to be EWS 3 too.

geeroam
23rd April, 2018, 08:00 AM
Its EWS4, I have read that some guys wrote old data from ews4 to new ews4 and didnt work, I have also done many ews3 with old data. I just wrote changed the isn and vin on new ews and made transponder hope it works.