PDA

View Full Version : PU- 2325a display

adam28
11th November, 2009, 05:02 PM
Alright lads,

Ive got a clarion PU-2325a from a peugeot.
The problem is when the stereo is on the lcd display lights up, but there are no digits. The actual display looks good as new.
Is there a way to repair this? Or just lob it in the bin and dont bother!

Cheers

Adam

PremierD
11th November, 2009, 06:18 PM
Alright lads,

Ive got a clarion PU-2325a from a peugeot.
The problem is when the stereo is on the lcd display lights up, but there are no digits. The actual display looks good as new.
Is there a way to repair this? Or just lob it in the bin and dont bother!

Cheers

Adam

Cant remember if there is a separate yellow plug for the display mate ..from the rear of the radio ....

PS where you been ..?

adam28
11th November, 2009, 06:35 PM
Been really busy mate work work work!
I got them test clips from that firm Came with 10 clips for 140. and came next day too. So pretty decent company!

Anyway, do you mean the yellow plug that plugs into the actual radio it has one of them.
Just been messing around with it on the bench. when i get a spare 5min, not many of them lately! Its out of a car me brother is selling, i said id have alook at it but its probably fcuked.

Cheers mate

PremierD
11th November, 2009, 09:02 PM
Been really busy mate work work work!
I got them test clips from that firm Came with 10 clips for 140. and came next day too. So pretty decent company!

Anyway, do you mean the yellow plug that plugs into the actual radio it has one of them.
Just been messing around with it on the bench. when i get a spare 5min, not many of them lately! Its out of a car me brother is selling, i said id have alook at it but its probably fcuked.

Cheers mate

You have a Power plug /speaker plug ...and display plug.. Wich is the yellow one.. ... If they're all pluged in and it don't work ...Bin it mate...

Meat-Head
11th November, 2009, 10:33 PM
the word from the boys in the big bad city is the glass bit of the display is bonded to the ribbon cable by aradadite (epoxy stuff) and it goes away from the glass, so if you about to bin it, just try, carefully yanking on the ribbon and see if it moves, the other option could be the siliconchip that drives the displlay.

If this does not cure the fault have a word with another member of this forum who might be able to shed some light on it.

(Sminoff_rules is that better than saying, don't know, don't care?)

adam28
12th November, 2009, 06:32 PM
Another PU-2325a

Can someone check this dump for me?
I read the 93c46 got the code: 6341

I enter code into stereo and it comes up ERROR.

I dont know what the problem is...

Cheers for any help.

Adam

ivica
12th November, 2009, 07:31 PM
I checked
It say's 6341 also

adam28
12th November, 2009, 07:35 PM
I did enter the code on the bench and not in the car , but this should not make a difference?

ivica
12th November, 2009, 07:43 PM
I think there is no difference

PremierD
13th November, 2009, 01:07 AM
Your dump reads 63 41 01 00 ... it should read 63 41 00 00....The red bit is your attemps mate.. Edit dump and it will be 6341 ... with no attemps ...

adam28
13th November, 2009, 07:47 AM
Your dump reads 63 41 01 00 ... it should read 63 41 00 00....The red bit is your attemps mate.. Edit dump and it will be 6341 ... with no attemps ...

So, is this why the radio didnt accept the code when i put it in?

Cheers mate

djdansmart
13th November, 2009, 08:39 AM
So, is this why the radio didnt accept the code when i put it in?

Cheers mate

Edit your dump where is code put 1111 and try..maybe is swap bin!

PremierD
13th November, 2009, 10:31 AM
Edit your dump where is code put 1111 and try..maybe is swap bin!

If you look at the dump mate CODE OO OO FE FE ....If the FE ... is there then the code is not Byte Swapped....

adam28
13th November, 2009, 11:00 AM
If you look at the dump mate CODE OO OO FE FE ....If the FE ... is there then the code is not Byte Swapped....

Yeah, i know its not byte swapped, but in my dump it says

CO DE 00 01 FE FE FE etc

Would it be the 01 thats causing the radio not to accept the code that im putting in if i edit to 00 will that make difference.
I cant see the problem. These radios are a peace of piss. And its winding me up. Its going out the fcuking window in a minute!

adam28
13th November, 2009, 06:14 PM
Sorted out both radios now.

Desoldered the 93c46 from the one with display problem found out that it was fcuked . Put new 93c46 in programmed job done.

And for the other one with dump problem, used another dump and worked.

This is the dump i used tested and working Code 4444