PDA

View Full Version : using dreambox at caravan

bob114
21st August, 2008, 11:50 PM
hi
i have a dish set up showing ftv sky at the caravan
(because more stable picture than freeview)

i have been reading and looking looking towards a dm 500s (but a little confused )
Q1 can i get the footy on from say premiere on fixed dish (know I would have to pay sky)
Q2 do I need to been connected to net

Q3 can i just load an image to do the work (like dm 500c or dbox can do on cable)

thanks for any help bob

firestorm
22nd August, 2008, 12:31 AM
to get the best out of a 500s you will need to be on the net to update codes or cardshare you can get mobile broadband from 3 or orange pay as you go now so you could use it only when at your caravan,The live football on sat is becoming harder to find now digilab and nova has stopped and premire is going to change encryption soon,If you are using a sly dish they are quite small and only pick up the strong sats ie 28e sky 19e premire 13e nova,sly italy,There is some live footy on 1 west but you can forget that with a sly dish,As for an image its just like 500c once you have put the image on all you have to do is update the keys for your chosen cam via the blue button but you do need to be on the net for that,If you wanted to cardshare you would have to be on all the time and this would be expensive for pay as you go internet

krazylegz
22nd August, 2008, 09:24 AM
1) to get premiere you would have to either realign your dish to 19.2e or get a bigger dish with a monoblock pointing at both 19.2e and 28.2e then you wouldnt need to move the dish once alligned up.

2)it is a lot easier to get a linux satellite box up and running by connecting to the net, but not essiential, you could get it all set up at home and just take it to caravan.

3)load the image like you do on cable when at home, then connect it to the net and download keys/cams via remote and thats it.

digial-ab and nova have not stopped they still do indeed show footy m8.....to see what matches are on what look at http://www.liveonsat.com

bob114
22nd August, 2008, 11:18 AM
hi thanks for replys
I was just thinking if have dish set for footy and leaving it set up
as when helping a friend set up his dish got 13east witch got my curiosity going I will do some more reading
thanks again for the help

ps
just to say I phoned sky to see if I could just get sports channels and was told that I could get sports in a package only but would be able subscribe
on month to month sub plus ?4 ( I was told this is not generally known)