PDA

View Full Version : BMW E60 2004 Battery drain

evisdaci
24th April, 2018, 07:57 AM
Hello everyone,

I have problem with a BMW E60 2004 3.0L diesel, duing the night battery drain. I have check the wire and all looks OK. I have change IBS (intelegent battery sensor) from another car but nothing, same thing, battery drain again. When i remove fuse 29 (10A) everything is OK. Or when i disconnect AIRBAG ecu everything is OK. But i have try with other AIRBAG ecu and the same thing. Please any idea for this problem ?

Thanks

ptikkala
24th April, 2018, 08:22 AM
as airbag ecu do you mean SGM? Safety Gateway module, under the glovebox? What errorcodes do you have?

Meck
24th April, 2018, 10:33 AM
check the airbag in the doors that is the trouble on that cars with battery drain

autoSP
24th April, 2018, 11:00 AM
CHeck the big resistor that regulates the fan for air inside the car!!! changed lots taht were draining battery!

evisdaci
24th April, 2018, 11:22 AM
I think i find the problem, i unplug another AIRBAG ecu it is under gearselector and now looks OK. Because this car have another ECU under the glove box thats AIRBAG ecu (big ECU with optic cable), but when i unplug that windshield wiper start working and some other anomaly. Now i find another ecu under gear selector and when i unplug everything looks good.

ptikkala
24th April, 2018, 12:02 PM
that fuse is for SGM and its the one under the glove box. Check the error codes...

evisdaci
24th April, 2018, 07:10 PM
The problem is not solved. After remove the airbag ecu under gear selector i see the same thing again. For moment it looks good but the same problem. When i measure with digital multimeter the amperage drain is 7~8 Amp. Only when i disconnect SGM module the amperage drain in 0.35 Amp. I have disconnect some ECU but same problem, only when unplug SGM module i have no problem with drain battery

evisdaci
27th April, 2018, 08:02 PM
I solve the problem, the problem is in Steering angle sensor. This ECU drain my battery

maajkii
28th April, 2018, 10:21 AM
I solve the problem, the problem is in Steering angle sensor. This ECU drain my battery

i have same situation in mine E65, also sterring angle sensor drain battery..

Jackpetersson
19th October, 2020, 04:06 PM
I'm having the samr problem with my e60. Csn you please explain how you solved yours
I would really appreciate your help.

Jackpetersson
19th October, 2020, 04:06 PM
Please can you help me? Im having the exact same problem

alpntrb
19th October, 2020, 04:12 PM
guys wrote - steering angle sensor. unplug it and check what drain u have