PDA

View Full Version : DM800HD - Audio problem

5aq1b
12th November, 2009, 12:12 PM
Hi,

I have a clone 800HD box and up until yesterday I was using the scart lead to connect to my TV. I'm unable to use the DVI/HDMI cable that comes with the box as my problem is, that I have my TV mounted to the wall with all the HDMI and Scarts connected to the back, which come in behind the wall and out again through a hole at the bottom of the wall, therefore I can only use the HDMI cable which is going through the wall to my TV. I bought a DVI - HDMI adapter from ebay, which on the listing says carries sound, and going by feedback, has had no complaints over these adapters, yet I tried it last night and I wasn't receiving any audio. Is there a setting I should change?

DJSimo
12th November, 2009, 01:00 PM
Hi,

I have a clone 800HD box and up until yesterday I was using the scart lead to connect to my TV. I'm unable to use the DVI/HDMI cable that comes with the box as my problem is, that I have my TV mounted to the wall with all the HDMI and Scarts connected to the back, which come in behind the wall and out again through a hole at the bottom of the wall, therefore I can only use the HDMI cable which is going through the wall to my TV. I bought a DVI - HDMI adapter from ebay, which on the listing says carries sound, and going by feedback, has had no complaints over these adapters, yet I tried it last night and I wasn't receiving any audio. Is there a setting I should change?

For sound via the HDMI:-
Make sure AC3 Default is set to no
And AC3 downmix is set to yes

Hdmi cannot carry AC3 Signal
Hope this helps, mine is working with these settings.

5aq1b
12th November, 2009, 01:01 PM
For sound via the HDMI:-
Make sure AC3 Default is set to no
And AC3 downmix is set to yes

Hdmi cannot carry AC3 Signal
Hope this helps, mine is working with these settings.

thanks mate will give it a bash tonight

skunk1111
22nd December, 2009, 03:46 PM
just recived my dreambox 800hd.

now my tv only has dvi and componnet ycprb.

so whats the best way to get the best picture and sound.

ive got no digital audio connection on the tv neither.

DJSimo
22nd December, 2009, 08:10 PM
just recived my dreambox 800hd.

now my tv only has dvi and componnet ycprb.

so whats the best way to get the best picture and sound.

ive got no digital audio connection on the tv neither.

A normal DVI connection will not carry audio so you will probably be limited to ycprb, the dreambox 800 dvi to hdmi adapter does carry audio although not digital audio.