PDA

View Full Version : ABRITES or VVDI

DUSTYDUSTER
27th April, 2018, 09:56 AM
Hello my friends ,
i want to start programming MB keys in my little buisness and i want to know witch investment is better ABRITES or VVDI , a lot of friends says that VVDI is sheaper and do the same job that ABRITES , is it real ?
Thank you in advance for your advices

doctore
27th April, 2018, 09:59 AM
bay vvdi mb and enjoy :)

Maartinj
27th April, 2018, 12:31 PM
simple compare price Xhorse update to Abritus update
Some people say Abritus no need pay for online tokens, but you pay a year subscription which cost more then Xhorse 1 year unlimited calculation ;)

hass42
27th April, 2018, 12:40 PM
I always hear some cars they couldn't do with vvdi and I hear the same with avdi. I have learned that owning just one tool can never blanket your needs.

Hass42

fytfh
27th April, 2018, 01:04 PM
for benz Cars i think best choice is VVDI MB VVDI PROG and VVDI PROG EZS adapters this is all of you need

aglinsky
27th April, 2018, 01:14 PM
Only Abrites for MB keys. But expencive than vvdi :(

hass42
27th April, 2018, 01:18 PM
Last two post are perfect example of why I say not one tool will do you.

Hass42

rapidlocksmiths
27th April, 2018, 01:51 PM
there is and has never been a 1 tool does all to my knowledge , abrites does things vvdi does not and vice versa , abrites is dearer but is also token free . so as has been said the more options you have the more coverage you have .

its a question you will not get an accurate answer to , some prefer abrites and some prefer vvdi , so opinions both biased and unbiased

DUSTYDUSTER
27th April, 2018, 04:31 PM
Hello ,
Thank you all for your contribution , i think at 70% i will invest in VVDI MB hope that will be a good choice , thank you my friends

PocketHero
27th April, 2018, 06:35 PM
Never trust your tools. They are just toys to play with. If you play good, you get some credits to be able to buy other toys... ヅ

My choice was the Abrites, because it is dearer for me, but if I will meet a Benz what can't be done with it, I'll buy VVDI too. As a good friend of mine said: 'Every cent what the concurrence earns weakens your position'
So I think its ok if nobody can do the car, but it is unacceptable when just my toys aren't good enough.

jodge
27th April, 2018, 08:14 PM
in my other business have a phrase: One box is nothing
You have to be a backup plan

hollanda
28th April, 2018, 12:30 AM
I’ve avdi and happy with this. Only avdi (not always) don’t show you the password when you load the ezs file. You need to read it by ir cable and it takes long time! And with vvdi it read password. 3 times i’ve this problem with w906!

in the future i will also buy vvdi, like the most people here have write; the best to have backup

ray-ray
28th April, 2018, 02:54 PM
Diagspeed was the choice for me, no worries in the USA

ps80l
28th April, 2018, 11:47 PM
Best for the price VVDI. Avdi is junk. Have both tools. Diagspeed I don't have so can't say anythingthing about it.

joemajdalani
29th April, 2018, 12:49 AM
AVDI is not junk,you just don't know how to use it or....
Diagspeed is a good tool but not simple to use like AVDI

ps80l
29th April, 2018, 05:29 AM
AVDI is not junk,you just don't know how to use it or....
Diagspeed is a good tool but not simple to use like AVDI

Very smart comment... Tool I know how to use. They have verified logs and seen that some issue. They even sent me a brand new distribution box. Item is still junk. If I was using wrong... Would they send me new unit? No. So your comment is stupid. Also... I have tried vvdi and avdi on same car and vvdi always wins. 15-20 min max. Avdi 3 hours on many vehicles and I get a message about try again in a few days. ??? When I first got avdi mb I did cars in about 15 minutes... So I know some bug with updates or something wrong with my equipment. Have done fresh installs on three laptops and same issue.

daxxer
29th April, 2018, 08:24 AM
Very smart comment... Tool I know how to use. They have verified logs and seen that some issue. They even sent me a brand new distribution box. Item is still junk. If I was using wrong... Would they send me new unit? No. So your comment is stupid. Also... I have tried vvdi and avdi on same car and vvdi always wins. 15-20 min max. Avdi 3 hours on many vehicles and I get a message about try again in a few days. ??? When I first got avdi mb I did cars in about 15 minutes... So I know some bug with updates or something wrong with my equipment. Have done fresh installs on three laptops and same issue.

yes, right.....only who test both tools in REAL WORK on cars with all working or non-working functions, producer supports, token paying or yearly AMS subscription....can here post useful opinion about which tool are good and which are bad ;) ;)

keyselberti
1st May, 2018, 01:07 PM
AVDI its good tool but you need sooo sooo much to pay, im have VVDI and maybe 3 year im working with this .. no any error any problem :)
I say go and buy VVDI MB + VVDI Prog

rusevi91kk
1st May, 2018, 01:37 PM
Abrites or Diagspeed?

joemajdalani
2nd May, 2018, 12:09 AM

I'm using every day on Benz,myself & others i know aren't having problems with EZS supported for PSW reading.
If your having problems with your device it doesn't make it a SHIT tool,if your happy with VVDI simply sell your AVDI
or store on self with other tools.

Maartinj
2nd May, 2018, 12:58 PM
Friend of my paid for Gear Box licence for AVDi.
When he try do - AVDi said - no connection ,
he contact AVDI - they said - connection is wrong
He said - but diagnostic is ok
They said - gear box module is faulty
He bought another one - this same error
They said - you must do this away from car
He removed ECU from car and show hem connection on the bench .

now is silent from support .....

PremierD
2nd May, 2018, 04:24 PM
:eek: ... I'm shocked at this information mate .. did he forget to give them a BJ before he called ?......:)

wissamshaat
2nd May, 2018, 11:11 PM
vvdi mb is best tool for money . for me its the best tool because i am not doing benz everyday so couldnt pay a abrites for that
the difrence of what abrites can do more than vvdi mb is not worthing all that money to pay
2 of my freinds to bought vvdi mb and they are all happy and never complaine about anything and we all make benefist from jobs and payed the tool verry fast
xhorse is killing abrites and its good for beginners like me
abrites only thinks about money

goran81
4th May, 2018, 09:04 AM

i made 7g few times without problem (flashing, virgin) on car, so maybe some other error, cables...
is diagnostic with that module ok?

benzstop
6th May, 2018, 07:14 PM

if using das manager, you need to install resistor between can wires 120 ohm, you can do it without resistor if you connect to module on the bench but using the regular diagnostics menu selecting car/engine type/transmission. But doing it this way requires you having abrites 7 gear database
hope that works for you

ps80l
19th May, 2018, 12:48 AM
If you read my prior post, you will see ive had many issues with avdi mb. I installed May update and Immediately noticed avdi software was opening very quickly and different car makes loaded up quickly. Ive never seen the software run this smooth.
Went to a local dealer and connected to a benz to add a key....wow!! Password I got in 10 minutes. Im thinking that I just got lucky...Connected to another benz and got password in a little over 7 minutes. wow!! Now my unit seems to be working great.

Next thing to test is junction/relay box for all keys lost.

Fallen
19th May, 2018, 05:55 AM
I have both and to be honest I will use AVDI to calculate the PW on new Merc and then use VVDI to calculate the keys.
Why? Im glad you asked.
VVDI gives you the option to calculate all 8 keys and then sends you the file files for all 8, in any format you want.
AVDI only gives you the option of calculating 1 key and writing it directly to the key, not keeping the file.

I'm sure somebody will jump in and tell me if you exit one menu and jump into another, deselect one option and then select another while standing on one foot it will do it.
It's not easy to see, its not user friendly if you want to do this.

Pay your $300 a year for unlimited calculations with xhorse and I believe your on a winner.

ahadi
19th May, 2018, 01:50 PM
I have both and to be honest I will use AVDI to calculate the PW on new Merc and then use VVDI to calculate the keys.
Why? Im glad you asked.
VVDI gives you the option to calculate all 8 keys and then sends you the file files for all 8, in any format you want.
AVDI only gives you the option of calculating 1 key and writing it directly to the key, not keeping the file.

I'm sure somebody will jump in and tell me if you exit one menu and jump into another, deselect one option and then select another while standing on one foot it will do it.
It's not easy to see, its not user friendly if you want to do this.

Pay your $300 a year for unlimited calculations with xhorse and I believe your on a winner.

May be you don’t have protag.all options available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PremierD
19th May, 2018, 02:38 PM
Bet he has ..

magneto21
19th May, 2018, 03:03 PM
I'm also disappointed with avdi.
A couple days ago I have 09 AMG C63 W204, and I couldn't
extract password,I was trying in the car and on the bench for two days and nothing. i was pisst, so I call up my friend he has VVDI,
I was suprise, in 5min the vvdi extract the paswword
so I ask myself, what I'm paying avdi for? I thought i have some reliable tools..I was wrong, and wasn't even complicate car.The money I'm paid for the avidi is not wart it,spatially the tools let me down couple of time,I think that now that chinese making bether.... bether tools and cheap and even more reliable.
So I think, if you come to programming the key for MB ,VVDI is the good choise

Regards

diephieu2023
19th May, 2018, 04:19 PM
I like VVDI MB + VVDI Prog. MER is ok.

Fallen
20th May, 2018, 03:27 AM
How could I be making keys for merc with AVDI without protag?
Maybe im writing the IR keys with the old transponder ring somehow?
:)

PocketHero
20th May, 2018, 04:54 AM
No way. Either you use protag or abprog, or via OSB. No chance for the circle...

The only thing what I found disturbing at AVDI is the fact, that I don't get any dump for the keys, the only option is to write a key data into the key. Maybe I could use some dumps for comparing or whatever...
I bought the original, because after my best knowledge that was the best tool for Benz. To be honest I couldn't make only one car: a 2017 AMG ML, but as far I know only MB can make a key to that at the moment.

Now I have to think about buying VVDI Benz tool. My biggest problem is the following: buy AVDI VW pack, or VVDI VW...
From one side I know Abrites, and that's the recommended tool for VAG by my workmates, or shall I risk for an unknown tool, and maybe I throw a handful of bucks out on the window...

FuTuR
21st December, 2018, 10:23 PM
Hi all,

Good post, i have a question please

What is the difference between VVDI MB & VVDI 2

Cordialement
Akram

autoTkey
22nd December, 2018, 07:21 AM
Really? Well they look different if you look at them under certain angle!

They have different purpose so they can't be compared and have no differences.
Just read their descriptions and save yourself from the wrath of the forum members.

Rjautolocksmith
24th December, 2018, 05:06 AM
I have vvdi mb and avdi because kline stop working in my vvdi unfortunately.they are both good but avdi is Better in some vehicles like ml 163,can also change vin after renewing ecu 9.7 ,what avdi should include is be China key compatibility & be ir password reading.