PDA

View Full Version : Airbag dump portability

busio
28th April, 2018, 11:52 PM
I was wondering if cleared crash data would work on any car of the same model/year as the wrecked one.

What would happen if you did use cleared data from another car?
How do you know what data to erase?

smudge112
30th April, 2018, 05:18 PM
Depends
The model number of srs need to match also you will probable have to program to car i:e chassis numbers different or proxy alignment ect

busio
30th April, 2018, 11:58 PM
I figured as much.

How do you know what to erase in the dump file?
Are there any clues or do you need a clean dump to see the largest chunk of different data?

Stelaras26
4th May, 2018, 07:54 AM
You should have an ori dump and a dump with crash data.
then you compare and you see what is changed.
Or you can buy carprog that can erase crash data,you save both of the files(with and without crash)
then you compare them again!

busio
9th May, 2018, 02:09 AM
You should have an ori dump and a dump with crash data.
then you compare and you see what is changed.
Or you can buy carprog that can erase crash data,you save both of the files(with and without crash)
then you compare them again!

I see, so if you find where crash data it will be in the same place for any car of the same year and model as the one you compared the data right?
My car is already wrecked so I can't do that.

I've looked for the model here and found posts where people are getting their data cleared but I can't download the files to compare them.

I tried removing the srs module from my car but it's stuck on tight so the bolt is getting stripped.

talk2idris
30th May, 2018, 10:08 AM
I see, so if you find where crash data it will be in the same place for any car of the same year and model as the one you compared the data right?
My car is already wrecked so I can't do that.

I've looked for the model here and found posts where people are getting their data cleared but I can't download the files to compare them.

I tried removing the srs module from my car but it's stuck on tight so the bolt is getting stripped.

Good Going keep it up

arkadi87
22nd June, 2018, 08:07 PM
you need to buy special calculators for it.