View Full Version : Fiat Ducato 5WK43157 1336355080

Dunker
3rd May, 2018, 09:59 PM
As the title:

Fiat Ducato
5WK43157
95080 eeprom
Diagnostic identifies as "Breed"

I am not convinced this vehicle has been crashed. I think the airbag module has had a very very tiny bit of moisture near MCU. Originally no comms via diagnostic. All cleaned and now diagnostic works. Looks like crash data at start of dump but who knows. Is it just a case of filling with 0xFF on first few lines. If not can someone clear the crash etc.

Thanks in advance.

megabits
3rd May, 2018, 10:23 PM
As the title:

Fiat Ducato
5WK43157
95080 eeprom
Diagnostic identifies as "Breed"

I am not convinced this vehicle has been crashed. I think the airbag module has had a very very tiny bit of moisture near MCU. Originally no comms via diagnostic. All cleaned and now diagnostic works. Looks like crash data at start of dump but who knows. Is it just a case of filling with 0xFF on first few lines. If not can someone clear the crash etc.

Thanks in advance.

Try and report...

szkeptmen
3rd May, 2018, 10:30 PM
Tested solution.
WBR

Dunker
4th May, 2018, 04:06 PM
Just to say neither file worked.

megabits file is airbag service tool cleared and that doesnt work.

szkeptmen file there are no codes but airbag light flashes.

my first guess at just clearing the first few lines ie. basically filling dump with 0xFF from start of dump to maybe 0x9F, looks the way to go with this particulay one.

all I can assume is there must be some config data around 0xB0 to 0xCF and with szkeptmens file this bit was cleared as well.

so it looks like all fault codes and crash data was at start of file before 0x9F.

I just found out this was from a 2004 Ducato.

Thanks again to megabits and szkeptmen.

szkeptmen
4th May, 2018, 10:26 PM
My solution has been tested many times ...
Water damage, it will never be good ...

Dunker
9th May, 2018, 09:44 PM
Like I said. Your solution worked. No fault codes. But the airbag light on the dash was flashing. I have found 1 post on the net with the flashing warning light but there wasnt a solution explanation posted. So the few bytes from 0xA0 must be some data specific to this vehicles configuration. By restoring these few bytes to the original the flashing of the warning light on the dash stopped. The warning light worked as normal. Who can say without dissassembling the firmware.