PDA

View Full Version : problem with dm500s philips tuner

fricker
23rd August, 2008, 11:40 AM
hi. i have problem to flash boot to dm500s JS28F640 with philips tuner. this DM is new and i will chang MAC . i write MAC in bat file and start boot uploud and all is fine. problem is that after uploud tuner cant find satelites and have other problems. maybe this philips sw is for cable tuner ? i have flashed ALPS and all is fine . how to flash this philips tuner ?

jbvid
23rd August, 2008, 10:56 PM
hi. i have problem to flash boot to dm500s JS28F640 with philips tuner. this DM is new and i will chang MAC . i write MAC in bat file and start boot uploud and all is fine. problem is that after uploud tuner cant find satelites and have other problems. maybe this philips sw is for cable tuner ? i have flashed ALPS and all is fine . how to flash this philips tuner ?
Hi
If you have the option to do a Satellite scan you have the correct bootloader, but you mention you flashed Alps, this is wrong.
If your dm has philips tuner jtag command line should have philips like this.
"jtagdm500 -m dm500 -d philips" without quotes.
jbvid

fricker
24th August, 2008, 08:17 AM
Hi
If you have the option to do a Satellite scan you have the correct bootloader, but you mention you flashed Alps, this is wrong.
If your dm has philips tuner jtag command line should have philips like this.
"jtagdm500 -m dm500 -d philips" without quotes.
jbvid

i have flashed with this sw dm500s apls tuner and it works fine but problem is dm500s with philips tuner if i flash it i dont have satelite menu and other problems. i think this sw is for philips cable tuner not for satelite. i need 100% satelite philips sw . i have working tuner with philips maybe is some sw to read out boot from it ? and then dounloud ? i need to change mac on this tuners with philips chip.

jbvid
24th August, 2008, 12:53 PM
fricker
I you are using the Dos software try downloading another Jtag set maybe from elsewhere and try again. As you say the version you have maybe for a Cable tuner.
I did the opposite to you and had same problems, I loaded a Satellite philips version into my Cable philips dm500c and had no menu to scan for either Sat or Cable, but mine sorted now after finding a Cable file.
jbvid

fricker
25th August, 2008, 06:56 AM
yes i use DOS sw. maybe you have this philips sat version that you have loudet to cable tuner ?

jbvid
25th August, 2008, 10:56 AM
yes i use DOS sw. maybe you have this philips sat version that you have loudet to cable tuner ?
Hi
Yes, sure your welcome to try it.
jbvid

hamzatuning
11th November, 2011, 10:06 PM
ihave the same problem iam not a pro

keanyal
23rd April, 2012, 01:34 PM
i have the same problem too

diaa aaaaaa
25th April, 2012, 10:01 AM
ihave this proplem

ihave dm500s and i dont see

the option scan ch

adaf
10th January, 2013, 09:49 PM
Hello there

Is there a way to tell which tuner i have in my DM500s clone?

There no "philips" or "alps" written anywhere

Thank you

adaf
10th January, 2013, 09:54 PM
I have a couple more questions since i am a newbie

In case i flash with a jtag cable the dm with the wrong tuner file, for example "philips" instead of "alps". Will something really bad happen? Of course the tuner will not work but is it going to make a hardware damage to anything? If i reflash the dm with the correct tuner file later will everything be ok?

Thanks again