PDA

View Full Version : open media - non-FTA channels

qwertyballs
23rd August, 2008, 05:50 PM
hi,

what do I need to add to OM box to be able to pick up channels other than FTA channels?

please break it down for me like i'm a 5 year old as I have little technical knowledge

any help much appreciated!

Devilfish
23rd August, 2008, 06:01 PM
Download this file...

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/118690063/dreambox_stuff.rar)

You will need to FTP to your box to be able to transfer files to it. For this you will need an FTP Program (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=84) and a crossover ethernet cable. It's best if you can connect the box to your router as it's easier that way.

There's a guide here...
Dreambox Guides, Tutorials, Tips and Hints Blog Archive How to Connect your Dreambox to your PC (http://www.dreamboxtips.com/how-to-connect-your-dreambox-to-your-pc/)

In the files that you downloaded, copy the contents of the keys folder to the /var/keys folder on your box. Copy the contents of the scce folder to the /var/scce folder on your box. Go to sky sports 1 and hold down the INFO button until the EMU manager comes up, press OK and it will restart the EMU. Wait and the channel should come on...that's it. :)

qwertyballs
23rd August, 2008, 06:04 PM
Download this file...

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/118690063/dreambox_stuff.rar)

You will need to FTP to your box to be able to transfer files to it. For this you will need an FTP Program (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=84) and a crossover ethernet cable. It's best if you can connect the box to your router as it's easier that way.

There's a guide here...
Dreambox Guides, Tutorials, Tips and Hints Blog Archive How to Connect your Dreambox to your PC (http://www.dreamboxtips.com/how-to-connect-your-dreambox-to-your-pc/)

In the files that you downloaded, copy the contents of the keys folder to the /var/keys folder on your box. Copy the contents of the scce folder to the /var/scce folder on your box. Go to sky sports 1 and hold down the INFO button until the EMU manager comes up, press OK and it will restart the EMU. Wait and the channel should come on...that's it. :)

thanks devilfish

re crossover cables, is there a specific type needed?! best to order online or can they be bought in Currys or Dixons? hoping to buy one 2moro, sunday

Curious123
24th August, 2008, 12:28 AM
Currys and Dixon won't have a crossover cable but you might have more luck at your loacal Maplins store.

qwertyballs
24th August, 2008, 03:58 PM
Currys and Dixon won't have a crossover cable but you might have more luck at your loacal Maplins store.

Thanks. Got cable and files ftpd

Can't get channels through though. How long should I hold down info button? What should I see?

Devilfish
24th August, 2008, 09:27 PM
It only takes a few seconds. If you've transferred the keys and scce files to the respective folders then you can also go to sky sports 1 then reboot the box using the shutdown menu, this will also restart the emu when it reboots.

qwertyballs
24th August, 2008, 09:52 PM
It only takes a few seconds. If you've transferred the keys and scce files to the respective folders then you can also go to sky sports 1 then reboot the box using the shutdown menu, this will also restart the emu when it reboots.

didn't work. Is there a keys and a varkeys folder? Files must have gone to wrong folder

aftermath
24th August, 2008, 09:59 PM
didn't work. Is there a keys and a varkeys folder? Files must have gone to wrong folder

open the var folder
inside there will be the keys folder.
and a scce folder

put the keys in keys
and the scce in scce folder

just replace the folders with the ones your transfering.

qwertyballs
24th August, 2008, 10:12 PM
open the var folder
inside there will be the keys folder.
and a scce folder

put the keys in keys
and the scce in scce folder

just replace the folders with the ones your transfering.

Pretty sure that's what we did

Appreciate the help guys

Devilfish
24th August, 2008, 11:12 PM
Copy the files over, go to sky sports 1 and reboot the box from the shutdown menu (Menu > Shutdown > reboot now)

max_gee
24th August, 2008, 11:26 PM
If I remember correctly you dont have cable and only the free sky channels.

if this is the case then you need to do a search on google for "cccam pay server"

qwertyballs
24th August, 2008, 11:45 PM
If I remember correctly you dont have cable and only the free sky channels.

if this is the case then you need to do a search on google for "cccam pay server"

hi Max. What's that server do?

krazylegz
25th August, 2008, 09:35 AM
if max is correct and you dont have cable but have a sky feed coming into the house, but you currently dont pay for skys services then you will have to do as max suggests.

we dont allow cardshare talk on here so you will have to google for more specific info, but basicly you pay a small amount to someone elses card with the keys being sent via the internet, your box needs to be connected to the net 24/7.

qwertyballs
25th August, 2008, 12:03 PM
if max is correct and you dont have cable but have a sky feed coming into the house, but you currently dont pay for skys services then you will have to do as max suggests.

we dont allow cardshare talk on here so you will have to google for more specific info, but basicly you pay a small amount to someone elses card with the keys being sent via the internet, your box needs to be connected to the net 24/7.

I have just had sky installed. Will wait to card is activated and try open media again

<--qwertyballs added 4 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...-->

if max is correct and you dont have cable but have a sky feed coming into the house, but you currently dont pay for skys services then you will have to do as max.

I have just had sky installed. Should I retry OM once card is activated?

Devilfish
25th August, 2008, 12:21 PM
The keys in the cable sections won't work with sky.

Would have been good if you said you were working with sky from the start.

qwertyballs
25th August, 2008, 12:28 PM
The keys in the cable sections won't work with sky.

Would have been good if you said you were working with sky from the start.

apologies. Are there satellite keys I can use?

krazylegz
25th August, 2008, 12:58 PM
no because sky is not hacked.

personally i dont see what you're trying to acheive here?

if you've just had sky installed you will get a box off them which in all honesty will be better for it because of its superior epg, the openmedia will only show you now and next.