PDA

View Full Version : open media - satellite setup

qwertyballs
23rd August, 2008, 08:05 PM
hi. I was helped with this so I'm giving a quick guide to initial satellite setup on 500cs:

- switch cable/satellite button on back of box to 'satellite'
- connect to satelllite feed via coaxial to LNB In connection
- power on and press Menu button on remote
- go to setup
- select SErvice searching
- select Satellite configuration
- from top dropdown box select your option. Default was non-standard user defined configuration. If a warning msg appears select to proceed
- then select satellite from dropdown eg astra2/ eurobird 28.2 and save
- navigate to main setup menu
- select Automatic transponder scan. Search on selected satellite. Lock and Sync boxes should tick and scan takes about 30 minutes

Hopefully this will work and then you can organise your channels

Curious123
23rd August, 2008, 08:44 PM
What about your latitude and longtitdue and usal if you are using motor?

qwertyballs
23rd August, 2008, 09:40 PM
What about your latitude and longtitdue and usal if you are using motor?

no idea m8, I just used single satellite scan. I entered coordinates but that setup wasn't for my situation. Will leave that query for the experts

pally
6th September, 2008, 12:19 PM
do you need any k**s or R**s for sat setup

Curious123
6th September, 2008, 01:54 PM
You need keys and cams.

abynk
13th September, 2008, 02:53 PM
Hi,
I am using a monoblock LNB to receive hotbird and eurobird.I can not figure out how to get all channels at same time.Each time I have to goto setup sat and change satellite to get it working.
Any help?

Thanks

Curious123
13th September, 2008, 05:04 PM
Have you got any channel settings installed like the Captains settings. With these you just select the channel you want and hopefully your box wll change over to the channel.

psats
15th September, 2008, 02:51 PM
Hi,
I am using a monoblock LNB to receive hotbird and eurobird.I can not figure out how to get all channels at same time.Each time I have to goto setup sat and change satellite to get it working.
Any help?

Thanks
you need to change the satellite setup in configuration to 2 satellites via diseqc a/b for a monoblock

a. should be astra
b. ............ hotbird

thats if dish is setup for those two sats.?