PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Honda SRS units + ODSP units

tima
13th November, 2009, 07:57 PM
Hi there,
I have often run into challenges when putting a used srs module into some of the later model honda's, an error associated to the ODSP being mismatched, or an error saying that there is a serial number mismatch. This problem is resolved when taken to the dealer.

Does anyone have any information on how I can resolve this issue myself without having to take to the dealer. My thoughts are to buy an inexpensive tool (chinese) that will fix this. Not sure if the clone HIM or GNA600 or any of those would work. If anyone has any information on this I would appreciate it.
thanks

yellowstilo
13th November, 2009, 08:31 PM
both HIM (with CAN daughterboard) and GNA600 would work - my experiences with HIM are better , the GNA600 clones are often of very poor quality and need cracked software to run properly.
The HIM works o.k. with original HDS software.
I have no experience with this adaptation but i guess it will be one of the HDS functions.

yellowstilo
18th November, 2009, 06:25 PM
maybe this info is of any use?

tima
18th November, 2009, 06:33 PM
I believe that the manual re-initialization of a odps unit only works if you have a brand new module. Does not work for when you take a used module and put it in a car.

yellowstilo
18th November, 2009, 08:25 PM
in that case i suggest you buy a Chinese HIM-clone with CAN daughterboard - they are not very expensive and work with the HDS 2018 software on this site...

mariusssmache
9th January, 2010, 11:27 AM
IT WORKS EVEN IF YOU TAKE A USED MODULE FROM ANOTHER CAR BUT YOU HAVE TO INITIALIZE THE UNIT WITH THE GNA 600 OR HIM

raddi
10th January, 2010, 08:34 AM
To avoid this problem in the future, edit only crash data in the original module, otherwise, u have to take the vehicle to recalibrate the OPDS at Honda( they charge up to $100, depending they like u or not). Usually, a virgin dump(if u have one) will recalibrate itself with no problem. Hope this helps:ciao:

eeddyy23
11th January, 2010, 11:35 AM
Hi there,
I have often run into challenges when putting a used srs module into some of the later model honda's, an error associated to the ODSP being mismatched, or an error saying that there is a serial number mismatch. This problem is resolved when taken to the dealer.

Does anyone have any information on how I can resolve this issue myself without having to take to the dealer. My thoughts are to buy an inexpensive tool (chinese) that will fix this. Not sure if the clone HIM or GNA600 or any of those would work. If anyone has any information on this I would appreciate it.
thanks

i use autoenguinity and works all the time to do this on hondas

tima
5th February, 2010, 04:36 PM
i use autoenguinity and works all the time to do this on hondas

I have can initialize the opds with the autoenginuity or my otc genysis, however I cant fix it if I have an opds mismatch dtc.

martij976
25th August, 2010, 03:01 AM
I use FLY100... works fine...
Also there are some stuff in binary, which must be changed to correct OPDS with SRS nr. after first try.
After first connect SRS to the car, the data are set up for OPDS unit. If You will put that SRS to the another car, You need to calibrate....
Good luck

alexb
10th September, 2010, 03:36 AM
I have can initialize the opds with the autoenginuity or my otc genysis, however I cant fix it if I have an opds mismatch dtc.

can you please tell me how i can calibrate the opds with a otc genysis i am having the same problem with a 08 fit the code is opds didnt calibrate thanks