PDA

View Full Version : Which Cam Module is best if any are needed

balikuyu
23rd August, 2008, 11:00 PM
I have a technomate 5000dapci I have only used it so far to watch foreign channels for the missus we have had it since 2002, it has a 1.2m dish attached and motor which died on me so I have fixed to one position. It came with an irdeto cam and fun card, I used to be able to get the french and italian channels with english content, but of course moved away and mate who used to update card is not near anymore.

I have a dbox2 as well but would like to learn more about this too and see if it worth replacing my motor. In a discuusion when someone asked what cam module I had all I got was a laugh, do I need to upgrade to a Diablo cam or Matrix cam I know I need a SC writer for the laptop to re-write the fun card. Or are there any softcams that will do to the trick and if so can I get them on to my TM 5000 DAPCI or do I need to upgrade that too? Maybe with a IPBOX 9000 or Dream equilavent with cable and sat tuners.

Any advise would be appreciated although I do have the DBOX2 which provides all my needs but I would also like to do the missus a favour and get some more content for her on the technomate. Anyway off on hols for a feew weeks and will try to get this sorted on my return.

Thanks

.: JaCkPoT :.
24th August, 2008, 02:10 PM
diablo 2.3 is the best cam (i think) but you will need to program these often though and that is a bit tricky if you use the remote. if you want a programmed card and the ability to program the you will need a blank card and a cas3 programmer and the files to use of course. bear in mind, cams open double the channels softcams do but i think the gamma card and a cas3 programmer is most worth the money.

ronlkh
2nd March, 2009, 08:15 AM
Can Diablo CAM decode HD channels for N1?

.: JaCkPoT :.
2nd March, 2009, 10:30 AM
It decodes canal nordic hd at 1west

terry l
5th March, 2009, 01:43 PM
1.w
TV2 film hd
nelonen hd
voom hd
nat geo..hd
silver hd
tv4 hd