PDA

View Full Version : Another DM800 motor setup problem.

satnewbe
14th November, 2009, 02:09 AM
I have just got a DM800 Gemini 4.40 and couldnt drive my motor, it had at some stage moved the motor from zero then just stopped. Tried Bigger PSU etc new cables and LNB but it drove with a Dbox no problem. There was no power led on the motor and could not be driven from the motor. The problem was fixed by downloading settings from the Gemini server, as soon as downloaded them the power Led on the motor was lit and it moved fine, manually and via remote. I think when changing Tuner settings, (tried to manually configure after reading posts here, couldnt get a lock) it asks do you want to delete service ie to each satellite, and the default was yes which i clicked OK (AS YOU DO) After this i "Suspect" the software had disabled the motor.
I Recomend DOWNLOADING SETTINGS VIA IMAGE SERVER OR MANUALLY BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER.
Hopefully this will stop "some" other newbe like me spending 3 days in the rain hail and wind on the roof trying to get a full new setup working and countless hours reading through forums.

satnewbe
14th November, 2009, 02:17 AM
A quick tip for setting up (Ok 3 or 4 days is not quick!) is connect it to a slingbox if you have one and take your Laptop, phone, PDA etc on the roof for fine tuning signal strength (I had to use the DM 800's web browser remote control for driving motor and changing channels/sats)

satnewbe
14th November, 2009, 02:22 AM
Another Noobe learning to pass is
"DONT BELIVE THE INSTRUCTIONS!!"
My Moteck sg2100 motor shaft was 30 degree's not 40 as the instructions said hence missing the sats by a mile or ten.

satnewbe
14th November, 2009, 02:36 AM
Last noobe pearl of wisdom for aligning to your chosen satellite in my case 1W.
Dont try to be clever using a compass adjusting bearing for magnetic declination for your location and line your sat to this. Waste of time! magnetic field from dish intefered with my compass when close to it and at first i adjusted 3 degrees the wrong way making me 6 degrees out. Just use a web site that gives you a satellite view of your location and a line where to point. Type "Dishpointer" in google, but there are various ones.
As you already have your lap top with you, it makes life easier.