PDA

View Full Version : W211 Key not recognized

Chuckk
18th May, 2018, 01:01 AM
Hi guys,

Have this 04 W211 in the shop and cluster is saying key not recognized.
Door locks are working perfectly fine.
Customer said the key was working before. Do not think it is the original key since it is not the black one.

Anyway I figured the EIS was bad so I ordered a new one. Succesfully cloned the original and plugged everything back.

Same thing, door locks work but still the same message on the cluster.

I plugged the scanner to see if I had drive authorisation and I do not have it. EIS VIN is the same as the car and scanner says it`s ok. No DTC reagarding the EIS and the ESL. Just no authorisation. But door locks are working.

Is the IR chip in the key bad, how to know ? could not seem to open the key case to have access to the PCB.

Here are the files from the EIS.

thanks

bersch8688
18th May, 2018, 05:44 AM
Make new Key and test
Maybe Old original Key Damage

vageric
18th May, 2018, 06:00 AM
your key dump probably is damage.
reprogram key or make a new key and problem solved.

brend
18th May, 2018, 12:38 PM
........Is the IR chip in the key bad, how to know ? could not seem to open the key case to have access to the PCB............
If you want work with ezs/key better you must have tester for check key/ezs.Bacause if you dont know work key or not after this to do samething with ezs its just 99,9% st...d work.
So...........if put key in tester or ezs check both in the bench you 100% know, what yo must to do next .Not like this:hmmmm: hhhhmmmm KEY???? or hmmmm maybe EZS............lol

Hi guys,

Have this 04 W211 in the shop and cluster is saying key not recognized.
Door locks are working perfectly fine.
Customer said the key was working before. Do not think it is the original key since it is not the black one.

Anyway I figured the EIS was bad so I ordered a new one. Succesfully cloned the original and plugged everything back.

Same thing, door locks work but still the same message on the cluster.

I plugged the scanner to see if I had drive authorisation and I do not have it. EIS VIN is the same as the car and scanner says it`s ok. No DTC reagarding the EIS and the ESL. Just no authorisation. But door locks are working.

Is the IR chip in the key bad, how to know ? could not seem to open the key case to have access to the PCB.

Here are the files from the EIS.

thanks

rokibar
18th May, 2018, 12:54 PM
........Is the IR chip in the key bad, how to know ? could not seem to open the key case to have access to the PCB............
If you want work with ezs/key better you must have tester for check key/ezs.Bacause if you dont know work key or not after this to do samething with ezs its just 99,9% st...d work.
So...........if put key in tester or ezs check both in the bench you 100% know, what yo must to do next .Not like this:hmmmm: hhhhmmmm KEY???? or hmmmm maybe EZS............lol
good point.

Chuckk
18th May, 2018, 04:32 PM
Thanks for all the answers guys ! I appreciate it !

As for not testing the key before, my mistake, I just figured the EIS went bad since it looks to be a known issue with these.

Thanks !