PDA

View Full Version : black smoke

dazza78
24th August, 2008, 12:02 PM
hi peeps need abit of help
ive got a transit and fitted a new engine a few weeks ago , trouble i get black smoke pouring out the back
now i know the engines fine (its not fu**ed)
as far as i know black smoke on a diesel is ment to be unburnt diesel?
wot would be causeing it ?
im loseing loads of diesel this way
it costs me ?90 a wk to fill and im lucky if i get 355 miles out of a tanks
any ideas ?
its a s reg 2,5 diesel transit
thanks
dazza
:unionflag:

krazylegz
24th August, 2008, 04:00 PM
first thing i would do would be give it a service, glowplugs,oil,oil filter,air filter,diesel filter and see if this helps.

smirnoff is your man to ask

dazza78
24th August, 2008, 04:14 PM
first thing i would do would be give it a service, glowplugs,oil,oil filter,air filter,diesel filter and see if this helps.

smirnoff is your man to ask

will do m8 ,but they dont have glowplugs anymore ,
now they just have injectors which basically do the same job

ill give it a go and report back
thanks
dazza

krazylegz
24th August, 2008, 04:30 PM
as far as i'm aware m8 every diesel has glow plugs as these are needed to start it, injectors are just used for putting the deisel into the cylinders. my car is a 54 reg and still has glow plugs

smirnoff_rules
24th August, 2008, 05:27 PM
the old transits didnt have them bur the 2000 on transits did .. but thats nothin to do with the smoke , after 2 minutes here not needed anyway ,,

sounds like the pump timing is out to me m8

dazza78
25th August, 2008, 12:40 PM
the old transits didnt have them bur the 2000 on transits did .. but thats nothin to do with the smoke , after 2 minutes here not needed anyway ,,

sounds like the pump timing is out to me m8

ill check that m8 and give it ago
i know for a fact though that i dont have glow plugs
so pump timing it is then ( hopefully)
thanks
dazza:

dazza78
31st August, 2008, 12:36 PM
tried it yesterday m8 and the timing is bang on !
any other ideas peeps?
its doin my head in now lol
dazza

smirnoff_rules
31st August, 2008, 12:54 PM
did u put your injectors in it or where they in the new engine .. if your engine wasnt smokin ld try your old one just incase

dazza78
31st August, 2008, 03:05 PM
ill try that then m8 , when it stops bloody raining
lol
dazza

bagas
4th September, 2008, 12:11 PM
did u put your injectors in it or where they in the new engine .. if your engine wasnt smokin ld try your old one just incase

x2

Try that and your done

sabb
9th September, 2008, 12:05 PM
hi, have you try to put wyne deisel fuel cleaner in fuel filter or tank?

dazza78
17th September, 2008, 11:42 AM
put the old injectors back in , didnt run right then so took them back out and got some new ones
job done now no more black smoke
nice 1 for the help lads
thanks
only thing now is , what am i gonna do when ive got people right up my rear at the lights ?
i used to rev the engine and cover them in black smoke ,lmao
thanks again
dazza

cactikid
20th September, 2008, 11:55 PM
we use a product called inovation power clean wicked stuff as it cleans everything from tank to exhaust still using it on ford galaxy 1998 reg with 450000 miles still passes nct,the reason that it is so good it actualy removed the sulphur residue other cleaners dont.

.: JaCkPoT :.
21st September, 2008, 12:11 AM
How many miles?450000 or do you mean 45000 its a big task to do half a million miles in 10years

cactikid
21st September, 2008, 12:43 AM
yes it is a taxi and valid mileage as i service it twice a year and lost count of how many timing belt kits i fitted lol

.: JaCkPoT :.
21st September, 2008, 04:58 AM
That explains it!!

zozz123
28th October, 2008, 01:40 PM
timing out or air filter blocked or injecter pump over injecting or injectors leaking
or low on compression thats about it me8 hope you find out the problem

Mikebuk
29th October, 2008, 12:17 AM
Smoke from fuel in a diesel is usually either low compression or over fueling by either the pump over dosing or the injectors not atomising the fuel. If the timing is spot on then one of these three is more than likely the cause.

eddiegoldtooth
31st October, 2008, 08:00 PM
sounds like the pump timing is out, if so ya need a diesal bloke to adjust it, takes about an hour, or it may be an injector stukk open?
(you have one injector per cylender, it is not a glow plug problem)

cactikid
31st October, 2008, 11:36 PM
if people read threads you will see it has already been fixed.:deal:

neto_7
10th November, 2008, 04:26 PM
Just clean the injectors and will run fine without smoke!

twittowoo
4th December, 2008, 03:00 PM
if it drivect injetson the penasl injector thay split noramly on number 2 cylinder thay are about ?35 each but you can check them befor you get new one is the link rod to the air intake broken or come off as this will make black smoke to if you keep using it like this it will melt the top of the piston it not the glowplugs all the best m8

gpz900
8th December, 2008, 09:48 PM
what year is it is it a newer one engine type tdci ?