PDA

View Full Version : First post, Dreambox Peers

grizzlygaz
14th November, 2009, 05:13 PM
Hi to all on the forums.

I am setting up my first Dreambox setup. I have never done work with Dreambox / Linux receivers before, so some help would be grateful.

1) My first question is about peers to a box I setup as a cardserver.
Do I have to have a seperate login for each and every box that would be a peer, and set this into the server box, or do I use just one login and then the others connect to that single setting ?

2) What if I want to be able to control who can access my server for CS, am I able to set who can and who cannot connect ?

3) Am I also able to connect to my peers boxes from a remote location over wan and update any settings to their boxes ?

4) If I have a card with a subscription, and I also want extra channels from services transmitting on the same satellite, can I set up another box to use the card for those channels, and serve it alongside my original box connecting into the router, or does it have to be a seperate server system running also ?

Its all a bit strange to me at the moment. I have a card I want to share with friends and family, and may take some other services, but the technical side of it is being a slow step by step learn processs at the moment.

I am grateful for any help provided.
Gaz

on_the_jazz
14th November, 2009, 05:30 PM
Unfortunately CS talk isn't allowed on here. You can google some other forums though.

grizzlygaz
14th November, 2009, 11:26 PM
Unfortunately CS talk isn't allowed on here. You can google some other forums though.
OUCH !
I should have read the rules first.
Guess I wont get my answers here.

Thanks for replying.