PDA

View Full Version : Dead VagTacho Cable - What to use it for?

titona
14th November, 2009, 11:26 PM
Hi

I have got a dead Vag Tacho cable, and i am thinking about using the connector and housing, so i can make another cable.
Mostly i work with VAG cars, Audi, Seat, Skoda and Volkswagen, so the cable needs to be able to talk to these cars.
I allready have a VCDS 805 cable, and a working Vag Tacho cable, so what cable can i make, and for what programs?
The pc i use dont have any serial ports, so i need to be either USB, or serial, that works with a USB to serial adapter.

Best Regards

lupu_sandu
15th November, 2009, 03:17 AM
VCDS (or vagcom) don't work with this cable. Another schematics, anoter parts, etc
Why is dead your cable?

zecas
15th November, 2009, 12:07 PM
Hi

i think it is possible to make an simple k line interface runing under virtual COM port and use with ex vag-com311

titona
15th November, 2009, 12:21 PM
The cable is dead because i used the newest version of vagtacho, i can still use it with vag tacho 2.20, but my other cable uses a newer version.
Is it possible to make a cable for fx webasto thermo test?
The only part of the cable i wanna reuse is the OBD connector and housing, for the PCB.

Best Regards

gomarota
15th November, 2009, 09:27 PM
Hi

I have got a dead Vag Tacho cable, and i am thinking about using the connector and housing, so i can make another cable.
Mostly i work with VAG cars, Audi, Seat, Skoda and Volkswagen, so the cable needs to be able to talk to these cars.
I allready have a VCDS 805 cable, and a working Vag Tacho cable, so what cable can i make, and for what programs?
The pc i use dont have any serial ports, so i need to be either USB, or serial, that works with a USB to serial adapter.

Best Regards

Search for licnick in this forum, you can change the firm with mprog

titona
15th November, 2009, 09:29 PM
Yeah, i have just seen that.
But i dont have any hardware to read eeproms, other than my other vag tacho cable, so licnick is not much use for me.

Best regards

titona
22nd November, 2009, 01:32 PM
Hi

Is it possible to use another driver with the VagTacho cable, so i can use is as a K line adapter, to older programs that use the comport?

cammy25
22nd November, 2009, 01:50 PM
make a dongle of LICZNIK 4.8 with it.
if its FTDI with 93cxx it will work

I think that your only choice now

titona
22nd November, 2009, 01:52 PM
I have tried to make a dongle, and it works.
But i dont have any equipment i can use with licznik 4.8.
Thats why i would rather use is a simple K line interface.