PDA

View Full Version : can get all channels

jaybee69
25th August, 2008, 01:52 PM
:dancing2::dancing2:Hello all, im new to this site, but i have a problem just brought a Eurovox ex5000 pvr and only got 113 channel most are scrambled or bad or no signal cant get it to find sp1,2,3 and movies prem etc i live in bolton area so i wondered if there was a freq to set the box at,

Numbskull
25th August, 2008, 03:37 PM
:dancing2::dancing2:Hello all, im new to this site, but i have a problem just brought a Eurovox ex5000 pvr and only got 113 channel most are scrambled or bad or no signal cant get it to find sp1,2,3 and movies prem etc i live in bolton area so i wondered if there was a freq to set the box at
Hi Jaybee.
When it comes to this modern technology I'm not the sharpest knife in the box, but I will try and help.
First make sure you have the latest software loaded.
Secondly when you scan, use a live feed with no splitters in
Third, and I found this out quite by accident, when you start your scan take out the scart lead from the box. I don't know why but with the scart lead in place I was dragging in between 12 and 123 channels. With the lead removed it went up to 251. Albeit there was a number of duplications.
Also when you do plug in your scart make sure it is a very good quality one.
The one I was using was a 5metre long one. and the signal was being lost along the length. It had me tearing my hair out.
Best of luck.