PDA

View Full Version : 2018 dodge RAM airabg module- read ok- erase no communication strange issue

KALNAJJAR01
4th June, 2018, 11:47 PM
2018 dodge RAM air abg module has 4 codes only
seat belts both- stimulate them by 2.4 ohms
roof driver side- bad-no stimulate
seat airbag side- bad-no stimulate

4 codes only - use scan tool maxisys 908 pro tile 2019 updated
problem i can read codes but i can not earase them due to no communication when erase code

i can read -ok
erase codes no communication

any one has any advise
thanks

repairmymodule
5th June, 2018, 03:56 AM
Simulate or replace bags for last 4 codes and light will go out on its own. No need to clear codes until they are all past history codes, then scan tool can clear them when they are in PAST state

The no comms thing is probably just the scanner time out when it isn't getting the all clear message.

New Chrysler seems to be like Subaru and not allow scan tools to clear codes, and instead once current DTCs are fixed then light will go out and codes will clear

KALNAJJAR01
5th June, 2018, 03:58 AM
Simulate or replace bags for last 4 codes and light will go out on its own. No need to clear codes until they are all past history codes, then scan tool can clear them when they are in PAST state

The no comms thing is probably just the scanner time out when it isn't getting the all clear message.

New Chrysler seems to be like Subaru and not allow scan tools to clear codes, and instead once current DTCs are fixed then light will go out and codes will clear

Thanks will try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KALNAJJAR01
6th June, 2018, 08:48 PM
Yes
Light goes by itself
You can not clear any history codes
All bad parts must be fixed or stimulated for the light to go
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hussie
6th June, 2018, 10:51 PM