PDA

View Full Version : Honda CRV 2002 radio code

bjtunney
5th June, 2018, 07:04 AM
Hi all,
I had some work done on my old CRV which de-activiated the radio. I don't seem to be able to find the radio despite looking for the sticker in all the recommended places. I did have it on a separate piece of paper but that seems to have gone missing. Can anyone help? The name "Shooting" was suggested by a guy on a Bulgarian forum.

bjtunney
5th June, 2018, 07:15 AM
When I said "I couldn't find the radio", I of course meant the radio code sticker. Should slow down when posting!

shooting
5th June, 2018, 08:26 AM
Hi all,
I had some work done on my old CRV which de-activiated the radio. I don't seem to be able to find the radio despite looking for the sticker in all the recommended places. I did have it on a separate piece of paper but that seems to have gone missing. Can anyone help? The name "Shooting" was suggested by a guy on a Bulgarian forum.

Press "1" + "6" + "ON" and post what's on screen

wbr

bjtunney
5th June, 2018, 09:18 AM
Thanks for your quick reply. When I switch on the car, without starting the engine the attached appears. Even if I press 1+6 and press the on button on the radio, nothing else appears apart from the attached. Is this enough? I should add that the system is a radio and Sat Nav system.533390

shooting
5th June, 2018, 09:32 AM
Thanks for your quick reply. When I switch on the car, without starting the engine the attached appears. Even if I press 1+6 and press the on button on the radio, nothing else appears apart from the attached. Is this enough? I should add that the system is a radio and Sat Nav system.533390

Ah, it's a navi, is there a sticker anywhere on it?

wbr

bjtunney
5th June, 2018, 09:43 AM
Unfortunately not. I've looked in all the places suggested on other forums but to no avail. My wife seems to have seen it on a piece of paper but has no recollection of where that was. We've hunted everywhere in the house and also in the car but no luck so far. I really appreciate you giving your time trying to help.

badne55
5th June, 2018, 09:44 AM
Unfortunately not. I've looked in all the places suggested on other forums but to no avail. My wife seems to have seen it on a piece of paper but has no recollection of where that was. We've hunted everywhere in the house and also in the car but no luck so far. I really appreciate you giving your time trying to help.

You will need to remove the radio to gain access to see top of radio and sticker on top with serial information in it

bjtunney
5th June, 2018, 10:21 AM
Hi badnee55,
Thanks for your post. Is this something that most mortals could without taking it to a garage?

badne55
5th June, 2018, 10:48 AM
Hi badnee55,
Thanks for your post. Is this something that most mortals could without taking it to a garage?

Yes very simple to remove
Just go to www.fitaudio.com
And under Honda there should be a step by step guide to remove radio.
It’s just remove plastic trim round radio and then 4 screws really

bjtunney
5th June, 2018, 11:14 AM
Thanks badne55,

I've just had a look in the car and see only 2 screws to remove the plastic trim so I'll give it a go later on and see how I get on and report back.

Thanks again to both of you for giving your time to help.

bjtunney
6th June, 2018, 08:10 PM
Hi again,
I managed to take out the radio sufficiently to take a piccie of the sticker on top. I've attached it. Is this sufficient? Thanks as always.

BJ533872

badne55
6th June, 2018, 08:18 PM
Hi again,
I managed to take out the radio sufficiently to take a piccie of the sticker on top. I've attached it. Is this sufficient? Thanks as always.

BJ533872

I am not able to decode these radios by serial only by reading eeprom with decoding equipment .
I hope someone here can do it by serial for you .

bjtunney
6th June, 2018, 08:23 PM
I am not able to decode these radios by serial only by reading eeprom with decoding equipment .
I hope someone here can do it by serial for you .

Hi,
Thanks for what you have done so far. At least I am a little further on than when I first started out.

shooting
7th June, 2018, 02:05 AM
Hi again,

BJ533872

Your Radio Code is 21151
Your Navi Code is 4053

wbr

bjtunney
7th June, 2018, 11:37 AM
Hi wbr,

I sent you a reply thanking you for the codes but I can't see my reply now on this thread but I just wanted to know that I had replied and to let you know the radio is now re-activated, thanks to you and badnee55.
I'll be posting on the SatNav board as I've haven't been able to use the SatNav for years but someone may be able to help me with it, now that I've got the code.
Cheers!
BJ

shooting
7th June, 2018, 11:59 AM
Hi wbr,

I sent you a reply thanking you for the codes but I can't see my reply now on this thread but I just wanted to know that I had replied and to let you know the radio is now re-activated, thanks to you and badnee55.
I'll be posting on the SatNav board as I've haven't been able to use the SatNav for years but someone may be able to help me with it, now that I've got the code.
Cheers!
BJ

W.B.R. = With Best Regards