PDA

View Full Version : BMW E39 3.0d engine m57 194hp DDE4 for marine engine

gbratk
8th June, 2018, 06:01 AM
I have problem with my BMW E39 3.0d engine for boat

I constantly getting error 7728-Charge air pressure or charge air pressure actuator. Missing charge air pressure tube.

I have the same software in both engines and I get exactly the same error on both.
I test it on stand and and chare air pressure come up to 1700mbar maybe little more, an then cuts off turbo.
I have change MAP sensor and and turbo pressure solenoid with new genuine parts. Result always the same.
I took out this engines from good drivable cars and I have test them with originals software and none of them have any errors, before i took them out of the car.

Then good tuning company make remap, MAF delete, EGR delete, Flaps delete, and few other DTC delete.

Does anyone know what could be problem, maybe something because MAF delete?... I really don't know...

If this is important engine needs to have full power in neutral coz it boat it always run in 'neural', transmission is in Z-drive, and engine doesn't know that.

In this situation boat won't go on plane, coz engines will run on cruising speed around 3100 rpm but to get here it need full power, and in this situation this is not possible coz cuts out turbo before.

I have made video, so please look at boost values and you'll know what I'm talking about. So this data is in neural at stand not at load.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZE8GBld_BQ

Please I really kindly asking you for urgent help, coz engines needs to go in boat, but i need to solve this before that.

Thank you

Best regards

GB

Sir Pommes
3rd September, 2018, 06:36 PM
Maybe the ecu needs a speed signal to let the engine running free.
Years ago i had a similar problem with a M70 (V12) in drag race car.
The ecu wont open the throttle bodies full until the speed is going over 50km/h or something.
I used a very simple square wave signal generator to trick the ecu.
From that moment the car had full torge from zero speed.
Just an idea.

regards

SP