PDA

View Full Version : 870604 - replacement for enigma

hamidi
25th August, 2008, 04:56 PM
hi
this is my 1st post to a forum dedicated to dreambox
b4 i buy a dreambox 7000, i had a starsat 4000
although it doesn't have many capabilities of the dreambox, it's user interface (UI) is much better and have many capabilities i may not find in Enigma. these include:
1. i may sort channels any time i wish. this affects on favorites too. in a dreambox i couldn't find such a capability. although All Satellites is sorted after search, i've no option to sort Bouquets.
2. i can't know that to what bouquets a channels is added when i'm in the "all satellites"
3. i can't skip a channel. this features makes me able to skip duplicated channels.
for these reasons and a lot of other reasons, i like to be able to use another UI instead of enigma which be most similar to the one in Starsat 4000 box. since dreambox is indeed a linux machine, is it possible to reach this goal and have such a better UI? i thought this might be because i was addicted to the previous UI, but after taking time being familiar with this new one, i believe that i may not bear with lacking of such great options. i really need a replacement.
is there any idea?
thx

krazylegz
25th August, 2008, 05:51 PM
you can sort out your channels ie....delete duplicates, delete foreign ones you wont watch, delete satellite you wont watch, delete radio channels, create favourites bouqets etc by using a program dreambox edit m8 there is another one but i cant remember the name lol

hamidi
26th August, 2008, 05:49 AM
yeah
but after deleting, if i decide to search for new channels once, they'll appear again in the list and i've to delete them again.
then, i meant sorting alphabetically, not ordering.
and the program which runs on my pc can't do what i need to do with my dreambox, because it doesn't include preview of channels. i just have to know that i don't want what channel by its name. it's not practical.

Devilfish
26th August, 2008, 08:10 AM
if u download dreambxedit and the captains services and bouquets from our download section, you can load them into dreamboxedit and see how the buquets are sorted.

another option would be to search google images for dreambox and you will see the menus available to you.

hamidi
26th August, 2008, 09:04 AM
thank u very much :)
i downloaded the tools and i will examine it tonight, if i can.
thx