PDA

View Full Version : ECU virginize for opel

ameenoz
17th November, 2009, 08:28 AM
hello everyone thank you for sharing a great informations here, i would like to ask you to define "virginize" for ecu, what does it mean and what does it do??
and whats the tools needs to virginize opel z16xe ecu??
one more thing, whats BDM stands for??
thank you

carbpm
17th November, 2009, 10:10 AM
hello everyone thank you for sharing a great informations here, i would like to ask you to define "virginize" for ecu, what does it mean and what does it do??
and whats the tools needs to virginize opel z16xe ecu??
one more thing, whats BDM stands for??
thank you

i think you can do this with an op-scan interface (if i`m wrong, somebody bash me :) ) with reset ecu option

Hagelin
17th November, 2009, 03:00 PM
BDM is a Motorola term it stands for Background Debug Mode

Cheers

episcop
17th November, 2009, 03:07 PM
op-com jobs with this ECU, resting and adapting with i**o

Cannon535
17th November, 2009, 07:23 PM
Nice replies but neither answer his question.

To "Virginise" an ECU or module, is simply to remove any settings that it already has in relation to the car it was fitted to

e.g Chassis number, im*o pin code etc etc

This is required before fitting to another car so that it can be re-programmed up with the correct info for the new vehicle.

ameenoz
18th November, 2009, 08:13 AM
thank you all, op-com will only rest the ecu as far as i know " i didnt try it" but restting wont remove all the settings as i thought it will do, a new ecu can be programed to be z16xe or z16se for astra or for vectra cars, restting the z16xe doesnt give the option to program it to z16se so it doesnt make it virgine or new as it came from the factory.
z16xe and z16se are the same ecu when the ecu is new but after its fitted to a car they wont be the same.
any tool or more info will be appreciated.

busaman
18th November, 2009, 09:17 AM
carprog will do it i have that tool but it will cost you e850 so you had best have a few to do to get your money back.

ameenoz
18th November, 2009, 10:59 AM
carprog will do it i have that tool but it will cost you e850 so you had best have a few to do to get your money back.

i already have carprog, can you tell me more about how to use it to do so??

milanoffracing
18th November, 2009, 12:11 PM

If you pay for this option in your Carprog, ask carprog support team for manual.:ciao:

busaman
18th November, 2009, 01:49 PM

the option is an extra e500 on top of the basic carprog do you have that as milanoffracing said you can download the manual.

ameenoz
18th November, 2009, 02:40 PM
If you pay for this option in your Carprog, ask carprog support team for manual.:ciao:

there is no option in carprog called virginise or virginize , and there is nothin in the description or manual that says carprog can virginise the ecu.

the option is an extra e500 on top of the basic carprog do you have that as milanoffracing said you can download the manual.

i have a pro version of carpro with extra e1000 on top of the basic, carprog give you the option to rest the ecu and that just remove the pin code and give you the option to change VIN, it doesnt make the ecu virgine as it was bought from the factory, and thats why i asked for the defintion of virginising, does virginising means just to rest the ecu?? or to make it the same as the new one from factory??
did you use carprog to change an ecu from z16xe to z16se or z14xe, did you virginise any ecu with carprog??
:dontknow::questionmark:

busaman
18th November, 2009, 03:27 PM
heres the link
OPEL login reader from motor hybrid ECU. (http://www.codecard.lt/carprog/software/opel-login-reader-from-motor-hybrid-ecu-works-with-bosch-me1-5-5-siemens-simtec71-simtec71-1-delco-diesel-delco-multec-/prod_129.html)

ameenoz
18th November, 2009, 07:37 PM
heres the link
OPEL login reader from motor hybrid ECU. (http://www.codecard.lt/carprog/software/opel-login-reader-from-motor-hybrid-ecu-works-with-bosch-me1-5-5-siemens-simtec71-simtec71-1-delco-diesel-delco-multec-/prod_129.html)

thanks :flowers: im sending carprog an email right now, i did rest the ecu with there program but it didnt give me the option to set it back to factory settings, but the link you sent me says it should rest to factory settings so thanks again.

kasim_izmir
18th November, 2009, 07:41 PM
thanks :flowers: im sending carprog an email right now, i did rest the ecu with there program but it didnt give me the option to set it back to factory settings, but the link you sent me says it should rest to factory settings so thanks again.
Hello , dataprob better from carprog ;)

busaman
18th November, 2009, 07:49 PM
what is dataprob i have not heard of it do you have a link.

nikifer
18th November, 2009, 11:14 PM
Dataprobe is device for opel pincode reading .making immo off thru OBD II connector if you know pincode ,is very good tool

ameenoz
19th November, 2009, 11:22 AM
carprog replied with this "you''ll have to reflash this ecu with some tool for chiptuning like galleto" any suggestions??
or galleto is good enough??

busaman
19th November, 2009, 12:34 PM
thank you all, op-com will only rest the ecu as far as i know " i didnt try it" but restting wont remove all the settings as i thought it will do, a new ecu can be programed to be z16xe or z16se for astra or for vectra cars, restting the z16xe doesnt give the option to program it to z16se so it doesnt make it virgine or new as it came from the factory.
z16xe and z16se are the same ecu when the ecu is new but after its fitted to a car they wont be the same.
any tool or more info will be appreciated.

what exactly do you want to do, do you want to reset a s/h ecu to use in a car with the same engine, or do you want to reflash the memory for a different engine and what ecu are you trying it on details please.

ameenoz
19th November, 2009, 12:57 PM
what exactly do you want to do, do you want to reset a s/h ecu to use in a car with the same engine, or do you want to reflash the memory for a different engine and what ecu are you trying it on details please.
i want to use the ecu for a diffrent engine, the ecu is z16xe for opel astra G.

busaman
19th November, 2009, 07:47 PM
which ecu? some can be done with galletto but be carefull with the checksum let me have the, 1 ecu number, engine code, year, model. and i will see if i can get you an ori file i have some but i do need to know what for. a vectra v6 map obviously wont run a 1.2 astra.

ameenoz
20th November, 2009, 11:27 AM
ecu is delphi delco 9391340 hsfi 2.1
Model:
ASTRA G 1.6 16V, 1.6, 1.4 16V
VECTRA B 1.6 16V, 1.6
ZAFIRA A 1.6 16V, 1.6

Engine code for: Z16XE, Z16SE, Y16XE, Z14XE

busaman
20th November, 2009, 04:08 PM

not possible with galletto or kwp2000

ameenoz
20th November, 2009, 07:28 PM

not possible with galletto or kwp2000

thank you for your help :)

busaman
19th December, 2009, 02:00 PM
Dataprobe features

GMLAN communication
Disable normal communication Return to normal mode
Initiate diagnostic operation - enable DTC
Initiate diagnostic operation - disable DTC
Tester present enabled
Read ECU-ID
Read ECU variant - Write ECU variant
Read DTC Clear DTC
Read Snapshot
Read memory by address
Write VIN
Short Powerdown
Reset learned values
Reset EEPROM into delivery condition
Security access
Read Security Code in ECM
Input Security Code into ECM
Reset Security Code in ECM
Enable im*obiliser-III in ECM
im*obilizer-II
Reset im*obiliser-II
Erase all Transponder Fixcodes
Program Security Code into im*obiliser-II
Enter Security Code into im*obiliser-II
Program Transponder (Fixcode and Secret Key)
Program Transponder (Fixcode)
New ECM: Program Security Code and Secret Key from im*obiliser-II into ECM
New im*obiliser-II: Program Secret Key from ECM into im*obiliser-II
im*obilizer-III
Program Security Code into im*obiliser-III
Input Security Code into im*obiliser-III
Reset im*obiliser-III (security code)
Program ECM
Program im*obiliser-III
Erase all keys
Program Key
Learn programmed key
KWP-2000 And CAN Communication
Initialisation with 5 Baud
Tester present disable
Tester present enabled
Read ECU-ID
Read ECU variant - Write ECU variant
Read DTC
Clear DTC
Read Snapshot
Read memory by address
Write VIN
Security access
Read Security Code in ECM
Input Security Code into ECM
Reset Security Code in ECM
Enable im*obiliser-II in ECM

that looks like your best bet

fukukum
19th December, 2009, 02:34 PM
Hello , dataprob better from carprog ;)
Really?:questionmark::ciao:

autoenthu
5th August, 2010, 11:20 PM
that looks like your best bet

pls check the link, it looks like back to the base! same nasratech product!

OPEL / Vouxhall PIN CODE READER For Locksmith and - For Sale Ads - Used and New (http://www.webclassifieds.us/376915/OPEL-Vouxhall-PIN-CODE-READER-For-Locksmith-and.html)