PDA

View Full Version : Honda Airbag light comes up , no accident

borshch
10th June, 2018, 11:03 PM
Many times i heard that Hondas have this problem when Airbag light randomly comes up.

Heard that some guys had to recalibrate sws and opds again to clear are light.

Will have an Acura MDX 2014 customer come up to me on Monday, will scan for codes..

But anyways,
Why does this happen so often I Acura and Honda ?
What happenes ?

alexs600
11th June, 2018, 02:46 AM
sometimes costumers
( "Think"-or never being told ) that they car being in accident or airbags deployed

Acura MDX for example like 2006-if front airbags only deployed never see them back again
if side airbag has deployed it is most likely to come back again-(random time) with crash in it again!!!

If you can not read any codes with scanner
try short pin 9 to 4 or 5 on obd dlc
SRS light should flash code!!!

one honda i had was hit in back-trouble code for rear collision detected-no deployment reset with scanner-ok!

borshch
11th June, 2018, 03:11 AM
sometimes costumers
( "Think"-or never being told ) that they car being in accident or airbags deployed

Acura MDX for example like 2006-if front airbags only deployed never see them back again
if side airbag has deployed it is most likely to come back again-(random time) with crash in it again!!!

If you can not read any codes with scanner
try short pin 9 to 4 or 5 on obd dlc
SRS light should flash code!!!

one honda i had was hit in back-trouble code for rear collision detected-no deployment reset with scanner-ok!

will try thanks

borshch
11th June, 2018, 07:47 PM
DTC: 53-84 "internal failure of SRS",

tried clearing dtc, did recalibration of SWS and OPDS with Launch x431 sacanner,
for few minutes DTC went away but SRS light waw still on,
but than DTC 53-84 came back.

lexidime
11th June, 2018, 08:43 PM
check the seat mounts if they are properly tighten because there is a two pin gry color sensor to measure G Force on the sliding track of the drivers left side seat towards the rear. the seat has to come out of the vehicle To get access it to physically check it!
it is on the inside between the seat track! The seat has to be up bolted

lexidime
11th June, 2018, 08:48 PM
if the light comes on and goes away from time to time its the clock spring in the steering wheel. they are design to first have the steering wheel controls to fail then the airbag connection follows

borshch
12th June, 2018, 01:05 AM
check the seat mounts if they are properly tighten because there is a two pin gry color sensor to measure G Force on the sliding track of the drivers left side seat towards the rear. the seat has to come out of the vehicle To get access it to physically check it!
it is on the inside between the seat track! The seat has to be up bolted

So check seat mounts and grey sensor for connection on driver seat ?

borshch
12th June, 2018, 04:39 AM
The light isn’t intermittent , it’s constantly on

yaz123
12th June, 2018, 07:19 AM
Internal failure code usually means that the module is dead, some have claimed to repair it but I think its a better idea to just replace it. I have had many vehicles that have never been involved in an accident and the airbag light is on, after scanning the infamous internal failure code shows in the description. Replace the airbag module and re-calibrate the passenger opds/sws and you should be good to go.