PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Appulous put up a "Troll Bridge"

ianmac
17th November, 2009, 09:12 PM
Appulous put up a "Troll Bridge" to slow down the access onto their servers,

You now need to answer some questions to get in....

Ian

:wink:

=====================================

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/appdb/images/betamast.png The Troll Bridge

To continue, you must answer the following question: I wrote this command-line app to take revenge on those trying to sell cracked apps. (Click here if you hate this (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/appdb/wtftroll.html)) Your answer: So here's what's up. Appulous is popular. So popular that the sheer number of hits we get every second are enough to kill our server. So even though almost 3 million people come here a day, very few people are actually getting through.
So we're moving. We're in the process of getting more servers to split up the load, making Appulous crazy fast again. But that kind of setup doesn't appear overnight, and we need to do SOMETHING until then. Introducing the troll bridge.
In order to get in, You have to answer the question. It's that simple. If you're at all involved in the scene, the question should be ridiculously simple to answer. If the only thing you have to do with the scene is leeching from Appulous... well then it's not as easy. Go research if you want in that badly ;-)
Hopefully this will take traffic down low enough that the site will work great. Remember, though, THIS IS ONLY TEMPORARY! No more troll after we get our new servers :).
Cheers!
--Kyek

mickydibble
18th November, 2009, 02:41 PM
What's the answer to the question? Thnx micky

ianmac
18th November, 2009, 03:14 PM
What's the answer to the question? Thnx micky

The answer to the question the last time I looked was "installous",

But think you will find that they will keep changing it m8...

Ian

smvassallo
18th November, 2009, 03:17 PM
lol, i just used google for the answer :P

mickydibble
18th November, 2009, 03:54 PM
lol, i just used google for the answer :P

What is it then?

mickydibble
19th November, 2009, 06:02 PM
Password for appulous today is: Imodzone
enjoy. Maybe we should put the new ones in here in future what do you think? Micky

slippy999
28th November, 2009, 11:33 PM
28 november
password.... Cavern

mickydibble
29th November, 2009, 01:34 PM
i think once you have a password then your good to go from then, like my pass was imodzone as above and i have not had to do this again since.....cool...

richmikaiko
29th November, 2009, 06:45 PM
i think once you have a password then your good to go from then, like my pass was imodzone as above and i have not had to do this again since.....cool...
i agree to that

SatAddict
1st December, 2009, 12:30 AM
Kyek modified a Greasemonkey plugin to allow you to see if an Appulous IPA link was dead before you clicked it. The original plugin was the ________ Links Checker.
Password : Cavern

pong
3rd December, 2009, 11:23 AM
If you find that appulous is slow. You could alternatively try using Fastest Appulous Apps Search - Search for iPhone Apps via Appulous using google (http://dotdoh.com/appsearch)to search through the Appulo.us search database. Much faster.
:party:

mickydibble
19th December, 2009, 07:30 PM
Any news on password? Thnx m

mickydibble
19th December, 2009, 07:35 PM
Ok it's still cavern. Lol