PDA

View Full Version : 2016 CLA250 module repair

GameTheoryOptimal
16th June, 2018, 12:02 AM
Hi guys!

I have a 2016 CLA250 that some people already played with.
quick story: car came in with igniter fault, they by-pass igniter and still same fault.
they took a used module and that fault went away, but fault code about VIN-ID missmatch and rollover sensor malfunction.
they tried 2 other used module, and as per customer the 4th one had only VIN/ID missmatch.
so they switch eeprom from one module to an other, but it didn't work, so they put back original eeprom in both module.

now I came in. all 4 module have at least 2-3 fault code. I kept original module, tried with Xentry to erase fault code and to do test plan, but always end up in ''replace module''.
fault code I had was:
B009996 the rollover sensor has a malfunction. there is an internal component fault.
B273513 the squib for pyrofuse 'on-board electrical network line' has a malfunction. there is an open circuit.
B220700 there is an internal fault in control unit ''SRS''

I also created an other DTC by ''unlocking'' module in develloper mode.
I have read 95256 eeprom and I tried to read NEC 70F3466, but failed to read this bitch. (...for now)

mb PN: A117 900 17 01
bosch PN: 0 285 012 554

can someone help me with that?
thanks a lot for your time guys!!

important to mention. I have an other failed module (with only internal fault, rollover sensor and ID mismatch DTC) and I have a similar module (not same PN) from a good working CLA250 if it can help.

SEM
16th June, 2018, 04:57 AM
On 4th did you try to change vin number?

GameTheoryOptimal
16th June, 2018, 05:04 AM
sorry forgot to mentioned. when I came in, he installed at first the 4th module. and it had now rollover sensor code... at my customer stupefaction. so all 4 module had rollover sensor code. but seeing how he handle module, no surprise! (he drop one on the floor, didn't bolt the module down before plugging and putting key on etc.)

kolocar
16th June, 2018, 08:23 AM
upload 4th dump then change VIN maybe is your solutions

GameTheoryOptimal
17th June, 2018, 12:45 AM
here is dump from 4th module... let's just call him the second hand unit.
my original VIN: WDDSJ4GB2GN342590

but even if we take care of vin, I'll still have rollover sensor code (and probably internal unit failure too, not sure if it had that fault code on this particular unit, maybe not).
do someone knows how those system work? is it a stored value in eeprom?
thanks again guys!

kolocar
17th June, 2018, 03:45 AM
try and report...

kolocar
18th June, 2018, 09:49 AM
Is the problem solved???

GameTheoryOptimal
18th June, 2018, 01:57 PM
I'll let you know as soon as I test it. probably tomorrow. (I'm on the road, car is not in my shop)
thanks m8!

GameTheoryOptimal
20th June, 2018, 07:14 PM
only DTC is internal module failure with both dump

GameTheoryOptimal
20th June, 2018, 11:40 PM
fixed, the hard way... and cannot really post dump as someone else helped me. he don't want to share.
thanks anyways x1000 help is always appreciated.

quick story: took original dump from 4th module, clear crash data... than used vediamo and xentry to change VIN and change coding.
regards